Dev channel branch of Windows insider rolled out the second update today. The update is Windows 10 Build 20152 that doesn’t introduce any new feature but has some fixes and known issues.
The Dev channel build 20152 21H1 will be installed automatically if you have registered for the Windows insider program. To check manually you can go to Windows update subsection under Update & Security category on Settings.
Table of Contents
Windows 10 Build 20152 Dev Channel Fixes and Known issues
Here is Windows 10 20152 changelog –
- The release solved a Notepad problem of being eliminated unexpectedly after you reset your PC. In case, you were the one who got impacted, go to Settings > Apps > Optional Features and re-install Notepad.
- Microsoft resolved the Continue button missing on Windows needs space to continue dialog.
- Current Windows 10 Build 20152 fixed Windows Update icon that unexpectedly missing from the notification area when an update was ready for a reboot.
- The experts fixed IME typing was OFF but seemed to be in ON state. Furthermore, when you tap the IME mode indicator from the taskbar it wouldn’t have any effect on the mode.
Windows 10 Build 20152 Known issues
- Microsoft is trying to resolve HYPERVISOR_ERROR bugcheck stop error occurring with the system crash.
- A persisting issue is running from a few builds – hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build. Microsoft is analyzing the reports of the problem.
- They are knowing that after you reboot PC Notepad mightn’t reopen the files that were automatically saved. However, you can recover the documents from the location %localappdata%\Notepad.
- If you’ve connected Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC you may confront a bug check and rollback when trying to update to this build. The error code will be 0xc1900101 shown in Windows Update History page. To workaround, remove or unpair the Xbox controller and then update.
- Some applications and games and may crash when opening or fail to install. The developers have found out the root cause and are working on a fix for a future flight.
- They are looking into the feedback of the screen getting dimmer after receiving the previous build.
- Microsoft is knowing Task Manager problem due to which it reports 0.00 GHz CPU usage under the Performance tab.
- On Windows 10 Build 20152, they’re’ working on Reset this PC to always show the error. The error note is – There was a problem resetting this PC when you started from Settings. To workaround, use Advanced Startup (Windows RE) instead to start Resetting this PC.
Source- Windows Experience blog.