Past many days, I was thinking to remove my Account Picture in Windows 10 and wanted to get back the default one. But all my efforts went in vain because I ended up in changing the picture rather than removing it. I searched everywhere and learned that Windows 10 bestows you a location where the images used by you as User Account Picture are stored and from there the old ones can be wiped off.
Alternatively, if you don’t desire to use any attracting images, the OS allows you to get back the default User Account Picture. Hence, concentrating on these two cases, we will pen down the steps of How to Remove Account Picture and also How to Get Default User Account Picture in Windows 10.
How to Remove Account Picture in Windows 10
- Get into This PC window and open the C: Drive where your Windows operating system is installed. If you have it on another drive then get into it.
- Double-click the View option of the Menu Bar and make sure to select the checkbox which is for Hidden Items.
- After enabling the Hidden Items box, you can view the secret or hidden folders with a glass like look of the C: Drive on your screen.
- The OS stores all the user account pictures in a secret location. So the above steps will enable you to follow the below path and see the contents.
- All the earlier used pictures will be seen there. Hence, delete the unrequired ones.
- Alternatively, instead of doing so many adjustments, you can directly copy and paste the below path in the File Explorer or on Run command
- This will also fetch you the same location without going through any modifications for the hidden places.
- Now, opt for undesirable photographs and tap on Delete button.
How to Get Default User Account Picture in Windows 10
- Choose the Hidden items cell as penned in the above section in order to avail the secret locations.
- Spread out This PC and move ahead with the C: Drive.
- Open the Program Data folder by double clicking on it.
- Under the ProgramData window, go to Microsoft folder.
- Now you are into the main area from where you will get the default account picture. Look for the folder User Account Pictures. Open when you find it.
- This new window of User Accounts Pictures has default Account Pictures. Take a look at the pictures and select the required one. Right click on the picture and choose Copy from the context menu to copy the picture.
- After copying the picture, get back to the Desktop, right-click on an empty area and paste the picture by selecting the Paste option. You can even save it to another easily accessible location.
- Now, you have to alter the currently assigned image of your account and for doing so you need to unveil the Start Menu and then prefer Settings app.
- Get an entry into the Accounts category.
- When you are into the Your info section, on the right pane of it you can view a Browse for one button just below your Account Picture.
- Click on the Browse for one button and go to your Desktop or to the location where you pasted the default Account Picture that you have copied on earlier steps.
- Select the Default Account Picture and hit Choose Picture button. That’s it, your work is done!
I hope this post will be very useful for those who wish to remove their account pictures get back their default account picture. Sometimes while sharing the system I become quite uncomfortable when others look into my account picture. And not to face any such awkward moment I decided to get back to the default account picture. I request my readers to share this piece of knowledge with everyone who needs them because at the end Sharing is Caring!