Beta channel of Windows 11 insider obtained yet another build with a plethora of bug fixes such as for Systray, GDI handle leak, Taskbar, explorer.exe crash, media controls. This update has arrived with KB5021866 cumulative update. This release increases the version to Windows 11 Build 22623.1028 and 22621.1028 wherein the prior is enabled for getting new features and for the later, new features are turned off.
Full name of this release is Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Preview Insider (10.0.22623.1028) (KB5021866). Let’s see what is new in this build –
KB5021866 Windows 11 22623.1028 22621.1028 bug fixed, changes, and improvements
Here is the changelog –
Windows 11 Build 22623.1028 bug fixes
- LCU KB5021866 for Beta channel made another fix to address explorer.exe crashing repeatedly in safe mode.
Taskbar & System Tray
- Experts in the team fixed a problem where, with the system tray design updates, auto-hiding the taskbar would stop working after you had interacted with the hidden icons flyout.
- The rollout refined the tablet-optimized taskbar a little to make it a bit simpler to spread the taskbar without invoking the Start menu.
- “Windows 11 Build 22623.1028” (Beta) solved a problem that could lead to the taskbar jump lists and preview thumbnails not showing in the appropriate position on 2-in-1 PCs.
- On this build, the reliability of tablet-optimized taskbar should be better after launching an app from the Start menu.
- KB5021866 LCU fixed an explorer.exe crash that occurs when using Alt + F4 with the show hidden icons flyout in the system tray open.
- This rollout modified the battery icon tooltip to let you check whether your device is charging slowly.
- Also, this CU for beta channel solved the missing top half of the media controls in Quick Settings sometimes.
- Furthermore, the update fixed a GDI handle leak in recent builds pertaining to receiving certain types of notifications. This glitch could cause either explorer.exe crashes or User Interface issues for Insiders who receive a lot of notifications.
- Experts in the team fixed a problem that was causing the NVIDIA icon in the system tray to display empty notifications.
- Windows 11 Build 22623.1028 solved a problem that causes search to not work in the previous update on the PC having Arm64.
- The experts fixed a problem with sleep recommendation on the Energy Recommendations page and Battery & Power page that were sometimes inconsistent.
- The LCU fixed Task Manager colors in dark and light should show properly now for Custom mode. See – How to Fix Task Manager Visibility bug (Error) in Windows 11 22H2.
Windows 11 Build 22621.1028 and Build 22623.1028 bug fixes
- The experts fixed a problem that affected some apps and games related to GPU performance debugging. This reduced the expected game performance.
- Audio issue is removed from the list of known issues.
Taskbar & System Tray
- In Windows 11 Build 22621.1028 and Build 22623.1028 aka KB5021866, the taskbar takes more time than expected to transition to the touch-optimized version when changing between desktop posture and tablet posture.
- A new Problem is included in the Known issues list; When using the search box at the top of Task Manager, Task Manager may become unresponsive.
- When you filter by publisher name it does not resemble correctly on the Processes page.
- In the rollout, some services may not appear in the Services window after filtering is implemented.
- Suppose a new process is starting while a filter is created, then that process may show up for a split second in the filtered list.
- In KB5021866, some dialogs may not render in the right theme when implemented from Task Manager Settings.
- On this LCU rollout, the data content field of the Processes page may flash once when theme changes are implemented in the Task Manager Settings.
- Task manager Startup apps page does not list any apps for some. If you are affected then kindly make change from Settings => Apps => Startup for the time being. Read – How to disable startup programs in Windows 11 (6 ways).
Download links for KB5021866 Windows 11 build 22623.1028 and 22621.1028
x64 – https://mega.nz/file/2JAAURjY#2syVCHJN6mHa8_EslVU8HZG_7Ztg052BSc2fyQ6evsQ
ARM64 – https://mega.nz/file/KVwRiZRR#85X6C-UMdj7Us6DAfZsY020YF0iF3dFIKp5vA1KcuEk
Source: Windows blog.