RP channel of Windows Insider received a new build on 13/07/2023 with ample bug fixes and improvements. This update contains improvements for WNS, Windows Autopilot profiles, Event Forwarding Subscriptions, WMI, L2 cache, brightness settings, printing job, WWAN, Widgets, and more. KB5028254 is the Release Preview update that increases the 22H2 version to Windows 11 Build 22621.2066.
Full name of this LCU is 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 version 22H2 for x64-based system (KB5028254). See: Windows 11 Build 22621.1926 KB5027303 Preview Version is available to download. Let’s look at what is new in this build:
KB5028254 Windows 11 build 22621.2066 changes and improvements
Here is the changelog:
Bug fixes and improvements
- KB5028254 affects the Handwriting Software Input Panel aka SIP, Handwriting Engine, and Handwriting Embedded Inking Control. They now are able to support GB18030-2022 conformance level 2. Due to this, they meet the level 3 requirements.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.2066 RP channel addresses an issue in the Windows Notification Platform. The problem has impact on how much power your device uses.
- This update affects the WNS aka Windows Push Notification Services. It increases the reliability of the connection between the client and the WNS server.
- Furthermore, this update addresses the hybrid joined devices problem. You fail to sign in to them if they are not connected to the internet. This occurs when you use biometric credentials or Windows Hello for Business PIN. This problem involves a cloud trust deployment.
- This update influences Windows Autopilot profiles. The procedure to download the Windows Autopilot policy is additionally resilient. This helps when a network connection might not be thoroughly initialized. KB5028254 LCU increases the retry attempts when you try to download the Windows Autopilot profile.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.2066 RP channel addresses an issue that affects Event Forwarding Subscriptions. If you add an Event Channel to the subscription, it delivers events you do not need.
- Furthermore, this update addresses WMI or Windows Management Instrumentation repository problem. This generates an installation error. The problem occurs when a device does not shut down appropriately.
- This update addresses certain CPU problems. There is inconsistent reporting of the L2 cache.
- KB 5028254 update increases the accuracy of brightness settings.
- This RP channel rollout enhances hinting for some of the letters of the Pro font family Verdana.
- This release impacts user-mode printer drivers. As a result, they unload unexpectedly. This happens when you print from numerous print queues to the same printer driver.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.2066 RP channel affects text edit controls in XAML. You cannot change the commands again after they become read-only. This happens when you use the new IME aka Microsoft Input Method Editor for Korean, Japanese, and Chinese.
- After this update, the Narrator will start announcing the Change product key label.
- KB5028254 LCU addresses the Defender Firewall Profile problems. The rollout fails to automatically switch from a Local Area Network that is trusted to a public network.
- This update makes COSA aka Country and Operator Settings Asset profiles up to date.
- Furthermore, this update addresses a printing job problem. An unexpected IPP or Internet Printing Protocol mode switch can cause the print job to unexpectedly stop. This issue occurs when there is an IHV aka independent hardware vendor driver.
- This update addresses certain wireless wide area network or WWAN devices. Subsequent to every reboot, a dialog reappears. It asks you to switch to eSIM even when you choose No.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.2066 RP channel addresses certain display and audio devices. They are missing after your system resumes from sleep.
- This rollout addresses a deadlock in Internet Protocol Security (IPsec). When you set up servers with IPsec rules, they do not respond. This issue affects physical and virtual servers.
- This update addresses the MPSSV service problem that causes your system to restart repeatedly. In this case, the stop error code is 0xEF.
- KB5028254 RP channel affects the Windows Kernel Vulnerable Driver Blocklist, DriverSiPolicy.p7b. It adds drivers that are at risk for BYOVD aka Bring Your Own Vulnerable Driver attacks.
- This update addresses Windows Defender Application Control aka WDAC problem that copies unsigned WDAC policies to the EFI disk partition. This partition is reserved for signed policies.
- KB 5028254 RP channel addresses WDAC problem because of which the Disabled: Script Enforcement option might create audit events you do not require.
- This update addresses a Widgets problem that causes them to unexpectedly unpin from the taskbar.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.2066 RP channel addresses \the fast fat file system driver problem that causes it to stop responding because of a race condition.
- Finally, This rollout addresses I/O over Server Message Block or SMB problem because of this it might fail when using the LZ77+Huffman compression algorithm.
How to download KB5028254 and install on Windows 11 22H2
- Click on Start.
- Type updates.
- Click on Check for updates.
- When the downloading is finished, click on Restart now.
Source: Windows blog
KB5028254 download link: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5028254