Beta Channel of Windows 11 Insider has received yet another build with a moderate number of bug fixes. However, some users complain that the check for update button is grayed out from the last build and they can not install this release. They can run the command USOClient StartInteractiveScan through Run dialog box or Terminal to check for updates automatically. The update is KB5029347 which brings Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22631.2265 and 22621.2265. The first one is enabled to get new features and the later is disabled by default.
Full name of this release is “Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22631.2265) (KB5029347)”. Look at what is new the previous beta build: Windows 11 Build 22631.2199 KB5029352 delivered to Beta Channel Insider. Let’s see what is new in this update:
KB5029347 Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22631.2265 and 22621.2265 changes, bug fixes, and improvements
Here is the changelog:
Improvements and changes in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22631.2265
- KB5029347 introduces a beta channel update for the color font format, transitioning to COLRv1. This enhancement empowers Windows to showcase more vibrant emojis with a captivating 3D-like visual quality. The forthcoming implementation of this feature in select apps and browsers promises an enriched experience. These innovative emojis incorporate gradients to deliver the sought-after design style that users have expressed interest in. The introduction of these new emojis is set to amplify the depth of expression in your communications.
- The recently introduced Settings homepage, which was initially released in the Beta Channel flight last week, is now accessible to all Windows Insiders within the Beta Channel.
Bug Fixes in Windows 11 insider preview Build 22631.2265
- KB5029347 Windows 11 insider preview Build 22631.2265 fixed explorer.exe crash that occurs on the login screen when trying to enter safe mode.
Taskbar & System Tray
- The patch resolved a problem where, when numerous app windows were open and the taskbar was configured to not combine, the apps in the taskbar would display with truncated edges lacking rounded corners.
- The rollout fixed an explorer.exe crash that was affecting the accurate display of the taskbar upon device power-on.
- The LCU fixed several issues causing instability in the launch of File Explorer.
- Implemented changes to enhance the launch performance of File Explorer under specific scenarios.
- The update resolved a situation where all desktop icons could become blank.
- The experts resolved a problem wherein utilizing the Reset Folders button in Folder Options could lead to a crash of explorer.exe.
- Resolved a situation where attempting to copy and paste a file from a compressed folder to a OneDrive directory could result in a failure accompanied by an error code.
- Resolved a problem where File Explorer would crash upon navigating to the Gallery when a substantial number of images were present.
- Fixed a problem in the latest Insider builds where saving files to OneDrive locations within File Explorer exhibited prolonged duration, creating an impression of unresponsiveness in the originating application.
- Resolved a problem where the “Automatically type into the Search Box” feature was not functioning when File Explorer was open to the Home view.
- Resolved a problem where the chevrons within the File Explorer address bar were oriented incorrectly when the display language was set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Resolved a problem where certain labels were absent in various sections of the Settings interface in the recent flight releases.
- Performed tasks to enhance the performance of accessing the Settings for Insiders featuring the updated Home page.
- KB5029347 Windows 11 insider preview Build 22631.2265 resolved an issue that could prevent Dev Drives from auto-mounting following an upgrade to a new build, resulting in non-functional apps attempting to access them.
- Enhanced error messaging for cases where formatting of Dev Drives encounters issues.
- Fixed a problem where after performing a search and subsequently clearing it, the view would persist in a filtered state.
- Resolved a problem responsible for occasional crashes when utilizing Task Manager, including during ending task.
- KB5029347 corrected an issue where the search icon could overlap with the Task Manager text within the title bar.
- Beta channel update fixed an issue where it was not feasible to reposition the Task Manager window using touch or a stylus.
- You may observe that certain strings are not currently localized to the chosen language. This issue will be resolved in a forthcoming flight update.
How to download KB5029347 and install
- Press Windows and I keys.
- Select Windows Update.
- Go to the right side and click on Check for updates.
- When the scanning and downloading are completed, click on Restart now.
KB5029347 download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso (When ready).
Source: Windows blog.