AOKP based Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean is rated as one of the finest custom ROM at present. The particular custom ROM is now available for Acer Iconia Tab A510 device. It is an unbranded custom ROM. It brings multiple customization options on Acer Iconia Tab A510 device. Whether you have brand like Acer Iconia Tab 510 and wanting to install Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean custom ROM then follow rest part of existing tutorial. It helps you to manually install Acer Iconia Tab A510 AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
Be sure that below mentioned measures to be taken before installing Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A510 device. Following measures will help you to install Android updates smoothly on Acer Iconia Tablet.
- Ensure that data kept in the phone memory is to be backed up into other storage media. It helps to save data during installing updates. Moreover you may restore these data after updating Android device.
- Install latest USB driver of Acer Iconia Tab A510 on your PC. The installed USB driver helps to set up connection between PC and Acer Iconia Tab A 510. You may install Acer Iconia Tab A 510 USB driver on PC after clicking below link:
- Make sure the device to install updates has 80 85 battery level of full capacity Lesser battery than 80 level will halt installation of custom ROM on Acer Iconia Tab
- Activate USB Debugging Mode on your Acer Iconia Tab It supports to make strong connection between both devices and helps to transfer file from Acer Iconia Tab
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed on your Acer Iconia Tab
When you make sure that the measures described above have been taken then move to install AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A510.
Process for installing the Tablet Acer Iconia A510 to AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Install AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 ROM for Acer Iconia Tab on PC followed by Google App on your PC.
Download AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 ROM
Download Google Apps
Plug USB cable to connect Acer Iconia Tab to your PC.
Then copy zip files of earlier downloaded AOKP ROM and Google Apps and paste it on SD card.
Now Switch Acer Iconia Tab off.
After then turn Acer Iconia Tab on into Bootloader Mode. You can run the device in bootloader mode while Turn On tablet in landscape mode and press Volume Down and Power Button altogether.
Then navigate instruction that appears on-screen and select BOOTLOADER followed by RECOVERY function.
At ClockworkMode recovery, you need to expand data then scroll down to ‘flash zip form SD card’. After pressing power button, you may select flash zip from SD card.
One more time press Power Button to ‘choose zip from sd card’
After then navigate AOKP ROM zip and Google Apps zip file, one after another, by pressing Volume Key of your Acer Iconia Tab. Then select both zip file through Power Button of your tablet.
Now installation process asks your confirmation to install custom ROM on Acer Iconia Tab. After confirming to install AOKP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Acer Iconia Tab process begins.
As soon as installation process gets completed, you need to access’+++++Go Back’ then restart your device from recovery menu. Once device restart, you need to unplug USB cable.
Caution: The process to install custom ROM also mentioned above to be applied only on Acer Iconia Tab A510. Applying above method to install similar custom ROM on other device would be a risky affair. So, never try above method to update another variety of Android device.