Latest CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for HTC One XL device is available. Though it is not Google endorsed custom ROM for HTC One XL, But it carries multiple features to install on HTC One XL. The HTC One XL device runs on 4.2.2 AOKP custom ROM could be updated with latest one. Once you update HTC One XL on CM10.1 M2 custom ROM, you meet with numerous features. Now, I am showing the ways to install CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on HTC One XL.
Ahead of updating, you have to act in following ways.
- It is seen that existing phone memory data get vanished during installing custom ROM updates. Therefore, you have to Backup phone memory data at separate storage media before updating the device on latest custom ROM version.
- Install HTC One XL USB drivers on your PC to establish connection between both devices. You may install HTC One XL USB driver properly on PC by pressing below link:
- Activate USB Debugging Mode on HTC One XL. Enabled USB debugging function helps to transfer file from HTC One XL to PC.
- Be sure that your HTC One XL has enough power to function around whole update installation process. The device to be updated with latest custom ROM has remained 85% battery power.
- Unlock Bootloader function on your HTC One XL device.
- Install custom recovery to flash ROM zip to HTC One XL.
These are essential act to apply before updating HTC One XL device on CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Now follow below mentioned methods to update HTC One XL to CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Steps to install CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on HTC One XL
Install custom ROM ‘CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean‘ for HTC One XL and Google Apps utility on your PC. After then extract boot.img from installed custom ROM.
Download CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 ROM
Download Google Apps
In this step you have to pass through connecting HTC One XL device to PC via USB cable.
After that copy both 4.2.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files from PC and paste these zip files on SD card.
After then copy boot.img file to paste on
Now Switched off your HTC One XL.
Turn HTC One XL on into Fastboot /bootloader mode. For this, press and hold Volume Down and Power Button at the point of switch on HTC One XL device.
When device turns into Fastboot mode, you need to navigate -sdk-windowsplatform-toolsdirector on your PC. After then open Command Prompt on your PC. By pressing Shift + Right Click, you may open command prompt.
Now type below shown command and press enter:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Again put following command and press enter:
After then navigate existed instruction and select BOOTLOADER and RECOVERY option simultaneously.
Entering to ClockworkMod recovery, you need to expand all existed data then scroll down and select ‘flash zip from SD card’. For selecting such flash zip file, you may utilize Power Button on HTC One XL device.
One more time Tap Power Button of your HTC One XL device to ‘choose zip from sdcard’
Here, navigate 4.2.2 ROM zip file. You may navigate that zip file by pressing Volume Keys on HTC One XL device. Now select to install 4.2.2 ROM zip file by using Power Button.
In next screen, you see confirm installation message. After confirming to install procedure begins. Once installation process completes, you need to access ‘+++++Go Back’ and restart your HTC One XL phone. You find ‘reboot system now’ option at Recovery Menu of your device. After completion of reboot process, your device starts with updated CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Caution: Methods shown above would be applied to update HTC One XL to CM10.1 M2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. I strictly prohibit to update other alternates through above mentioned process.