Mozilla has finished the development of the next version i.e. Firefox 80.0 and Firefox 78.2.0 ESR. Both are now downloadable via the FTP. According to official sources, both browser versions will be distributed automatically from tomorrow (August 25, 2020).
At the time of the release, changes and improvements will appear. However, you can see some of the changes in the following section.
Download Firefox 80.0 and install
Here is how to download Firefox 80.0 and install –
- GO to https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/80.0/win32/en-US/.
- Download either of the below files
- Double click on the setup.
- The file will be extracted and Mozilla Firefox Setup wizard will show up, click Next.
- Select Standard in “Setup type”.
- Click the Install.
Some of the important changes the latest version Firefox 80.0 will carry –
- Fixed an issue with truncated searches in the address bar.
- Fixed a bug that caused Google Meet audio to lag.
- The new multilevel about: welcome is now the default.
- The animations of the tab loading indicator now take into account the reduced movement settings preferred by the user and show a static hourglass instead of an animated circle.