0xc10100c4 Error While Playing Videos in Movies & TV is a common issue of this built-in media player. Some of the possible reasons are the incorrect configuration of date & time settings, faulty or missing system files, accumulation of unwanted items in the temp folder and more.
While trying to play videos in Movies & TV, the app suddenly shows 0xc10100c4 Error. Microsoft suggests some workarounds that you should try to get rid of this issue. So, in this article, we will discuss certain possible solutions that will let you play videos in the built-in media player app of Windows 10.
0xc10100c4 Error While Playing Videos in Movies & TV Windows 10 Solutions
Here is how to fix 0xc10100c4 Error While Playing Videos in Movies & TV in Windows 10 –
Verify Time & Region Settings
Sometimes, 0xc10100c4 error in Movies & TV app occurs because of incorrect time and region settings. Therefore, as a prime workaround, you need to verify those settings.
Step-1: Press “Win logo + I” keyboard shortcut keys in one go to open Windows Settings, the built-in app.
Step-2: Click Time & Language category.
Step-3: Go to the Date & time sub-section on the left pane. Switch to the adjacent right pane and check the Time zone. If it is incorrect, click the drop-down and choose the correct time zone.
Step-4: Now, select Region on the left sidebar and verify its settings.
Once you configure the correct time & region settings, try to play a video on Movies & TV. Hopefully, you will not get 0xc10100c4 Error.
Empty the Temp Folder
- Open Run dialog box by hitting “Win logo + R” hotkeys. Here, type temp and click OK to proceed further.
- File Explorer will show up displaying the contents of the Temp folder. So, select all the folders and files and perform a right-click on it. Choose Delete option from the context menu.
Note – In case, if you see a prompt which says that certain files or folders are in use, then click Skip button.
Reset Internet Explorer Settings
The experts from the Microsoft team suggests that resetting Internet Explorer settings will be helpful in order to get rid of 0xc10100c4 Error While Playing Videos in Movies & TV.
- On taskbar search box, type in Internet options and click the same when you see it under Best match.
- When Internet Properties dialog shows up, switch to the Advanced tab. Here, click the Reset button. This will immediately reset all the settings of the browser to their default state.
- Once you get back to the default state, try to play the video which was showing error 0xc10100c4.
Restore Default Libraries
Another possible solution is to restore the default libraries of your device. Try to re-create the libraries and then again access all the data in the library folders through File Explorer.
- Click the File Explorer icon that resides on the taskbar.
- In the left pane of the following window, click Libraries. If you cannot see Libraries, then click View on the menu bar followed by a hit on the Navigation pane. From the list of few options, select “Show all folders“.
- Now, on the left sidebar of File Explorer, click Libraries to expand and view its folders.
- Perform a right-click on each library and select Delete.
- After deleting the items, do a right-click on Libraries. Choose “Restore default libraries“. This will re-create the libraries. You can access all the data through File Explorer and then try to play the video to check the occurrence of the error code.
Run System File Checker to fix 0xc10100c4 Error While Playing Videos in Movies & TV
In many instances, some of the Windows files may become corrupt or accidentally removed from the device. In such scenarios, it creates conflict with your device’s ability to play media files. So, run the system file checker to repair all the faulty Windows files.
- Get access to the Run dialog box using “Win + R” keyboard shortcut keys.
- Type cmd and press “Ctrl + Shift + Enter” keys altogether to launch an elevated Command Prompt.
- Click Yes when you come across the UAC dialog box.
- Once the black panel shows up, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to initiate the scan. Wait for at least 15 minutes for the scan to get over.
- After the completion of the scan, it will display you the result. If the faulty system files are repaired, then play a video on Movies & TV app.
Hopefully, these will be able to resolve 0xc10100c4 Error While Playing Videos in Movies & TV. If you have some other fixes, do drop them in the comments section.