Qualcomm WiFi Adapter Issue in Windows 10 1909 and 1903 is perturbing the users by making obstacles in the way of updating the operating system. As per Microsoft, the reason behind this problem is incompatible device driver that placed an upgrade block to prevent the system from being updated. Even if you manage to upgrade the Windows 10 PC somehow, the system becomes unable to continue with the WiFi connectivity. Microsoft yet didn’t provide a fix for this issue, the only solution they suggest to get rid of such a situation is updating the driver version of Qualcomm WiFi Adapter manually. Let’s jump into the process straight away.
Qualcomm WiFi Adapter Issue in Windows 10 1909
Here is how to Fix Qualcomm WiFi Adapter Issue in Windows 10 1909 and 1903 –
- Click on the search icon located in the taskbar to invoke the Windows search.
- Once appeared, type device manager in the text bar and hit Enter.
- When Device Manager window becomes apparent, take your mouse pointer to Network adapters and double-click on the same.
- The time it gets expanded, right-clicks on Qualcomm WiFi Adapter and then choose Update driver.
- On the forthcoming wizard, click the option that says Search automatically for updated driver software.
If the system finds any available update, install it immediately otherwise you need to download the same manually to fix Qualcomm WiFi Adapter Issue in Windows 10 1909. For that –
- Download the device driver for the mentioned WiFi or Network adapter driver –http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2019/11/qcamainext10x-4-0-3-262-msx64_19fcb71525109fd2831d5a40944ded5663ec6af1.cab.
- Once done, open File Explorer and go to that specific location where the system saves downloaded files.
- After reaching there, locate qcamainext10x-4-0-3-262-msx64_19fcb71525109fd2831d5a40944ded5663ec6af1.cab and double-click on the same.
- Henceforth, press Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut to select all of the files available there eventually right-click or long-press on any of the items.
Note – If a warning message comes up claiming “Windows Security: Opening these files might be harmful to your computer. Your internet security settings blocked one or more files from being opened. Do you want to open these files anyway?”, click the OK button to continue the process.
- Now, choose Extract from the fly-out menu and click the New folder button.
- Rename it to Qualcomm Wi-fi driver thereafter hit the Extract button.
- Later on, open Device Manager and expand the Network adapters like earlier.
- Right-click on “Qualcomm WiFi driver” and select Update driver.
- On the next pop-up, Opt for Browse my computer for driver software option.
- By default, the system searches the file in C:\Users\hp\Documents location for the drive, change it to that location where the Qualcomm WiFi Adapter file was extracted.
- Click the Next button and keep following the on-screen instructions to complete the process of updating the driver.
Source – Microsoft help.