An update XXAMB3 Android 4.1.2 authorized firmware is available to download for the Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 model. This firmware can be updated with two methods either via Samsung KIES or manually with ODIN method after downloading the firmware to the computer. In this post, I am going to explain about manual installation of XXAMB3 firmware on Galaxy Duos I9082 model.
XXAMB3 Android 4.1.2 Firmware Information
Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
The I9082XXAMB3 firmware can be installed only on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 model. It has not been designated for any other similar Galaxy model. In addition, How to connect or firmware developers are not to be held answerable if your Galaxy device becomes dead during the firmware update process. So start the firmware update process at individual risk.
Take care to backup and other significant things
- Download as well as Install USB driver of Galaxy Duos I9082 device to your computer.
- Backup all important data of Galaxy I9082 device to SD card or by Samsung KIES app to your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode to Galaxy I9082 device.
- Confirm that the battery of your Galaxy I9082 device should be charged completely with 100 % battery level.
How to Install XXAMB3 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
At first you need to download both zip files to your computer and extract it.
Download Android 4.1.2 I9082XXAMB3
Download ODIN v1.85
Power off your Galaxy I9082 device and now boot it into download mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons at once and then press the Power button. Then you will find the Android robot logo along with a triangle symbol. Next, press Power button another time to authenticate and boot into download mode.
Then right-click on ODIN setup icon and run it with administrator privilege to your computer. Now connect your Galaxy I9082 device to your computer with USB cable.
As soon as your Galaxy I9082 device is connected effectively in a few minutes, in ODIN window, ID: COM boxes will change in yellow at the bottom panel. Besides this, it will show the connected COM port number.
Now choose the flash files from the extracted firmware folders (step 1) in ODIN window.
- Click on PDA option and choose file with CODE in its name.
- Click on Phone option and choose file with MODEM in its name. Avoid this step if it is missing.
- Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name. Avoid this step if it is missing.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if it is absent.
Next check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN window. To check the Re-Partition option, check it only if you have chosen a .PIT file in the above step.
Finally, click on the Start button in ODIN window. Then Installation process will be launched and it would finish in around 20-25 minutes.
After the installation process is finished, your Galaxy I9082 device will reboot. Now you have done the firmware update process with Android 4.1.2 supported XXAMB3 firmware on Galaxy Duos I9082 device.