A latest unofficial AOKP PUB 4.2.2 Jelly Bean supported Aroma Custom ROM is present for the Asus supported Google Nexus 7 tablet. It is an extremely customized firmware and released by AOKP team. This jelly bean custom ROM offers some outstanding features like multi-user support, gesture typing, new fast setting menu, modern camera app, latest Google app and more.
- Keep in mind that after installing to AOKP PUB 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM to your Nexus 7, the warranty service will not be covered. If your Nexus 7 device becomes dead or brick due to following below given tips then we will not liable to claim any damages. So, we recommend you to apply this installation process at your personal risk.
- It is a custom firmware and neither Google nor Samsung have presented it. Don’t attempt to cancel any steps provided underneath because it may damage your Nexus 7 device.
- Take backup of Nexus 7 tablet all data of internal memory to the memory card. Otherwise, you will lose all important data during custom ROM installation process.
- You have installed CWM recovery app already.
- Confirm that your Nexus 10 tablet is full charge.
- Turn on USB debugging mode from Nexus settings menu because it helps you to transfer files quickly.
- Install Nexus USB driver to your computer in order to copy required flash files to Nexus 7 tablet. Download link
- Make sure that you have already unlocked bootloader of Nexus 7 device.
How to install AOKP PUB Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean custom ROM on Google Nexus 7 ?
At first, you need to download two required zip files to your computer. Note – don’t extract any zip files.
Google apps zip file
Connect your Nexus 7 device to the computer with USB cable and explore the internal storage of nexus device.
Copy as well as paste downloaded both zip files (see in step1) to the memory card (only in root folder) of your Nexus 7 device.
Disconnect the USB cable. Now Power off the Nexus 7 device and boot in to recovery mode. To do it, press and hold the volume up, volume down and power buttons jointly until you get the screen of bootloader mode.
In bootloader mode, search for the recovery mode menu by volume down button and then select it through power button.
Next go to wipe data/factory reset menu and select Yes option to delete all existing data of your nexus 7 tablet.
Now return to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and select wipe cache option. Then after, go to advance option and select Wipe Dalvik Cache to do Dalvik cache wiping action.
Now go to install zip from sd card menu and opt for choose zip from sd card. At this time search the earlier copied AOKP PUB ROM zip file from root folder of your nexus 10 device memory card (see in third step) and select it through pushing Power button. At this time, you have to confirm the install process by selecting “yes….Install” option.
As soon as the ROM installation procedure finishes, repeat the all above step again to select Google apps zip file from memory card.
When installation of AOKP PUB ROM is finished, return to the home screen of recovery mode and select reboot system now option to reboot the tablet.
The first boot will take time around 5 minute to load home screen with installed custom ROM. Now Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware supported custom ROM AOKP PUB custom ROM has installed on your Nexus 7 tablet.