KB4458469 cumulative update has arrived at 1803 Windows 10 April 2018 Update Build 17134.319. The patch is a compatibility update that includes so many improvements as the predecessor of KB4464218. Microsoft has surprised by releasing KB4458469 within 2 days of the pushing of the previous patch.
You will get the KB4458469 for 1803 Windows 10 automatically. Moreover, you can manually download .MSU file from Microsoft update catalog and install.
KB4458469 for 1803 Windows 10 April 2018 Update Build 17134.319 Details
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- In the patch KB4458469, Windows 10 team tries to solve the prompt “You’ll need a new app to open” to appear. The error message appears when you reload a website on a non-standard port through pressing Enter .
- Microsoft addresses unable to download due to Mark of the Web isn’t supported at the location of download.
- Windows 10 developers work on DefaultSearchProvider policy not working when the “FirstRunPage” policy is in use.
- They try to fix the address bar missing focus when a new tab is opened and the policy Allow web content on New Tab page policy is turned off.
- The cumulative update attempts to solve Save password prompt doesn’t work because Microsoft Edge Configure Password Manager policy suppresses it despite the policy is disabled.
- In KB4458469, the team addresses downloads to WebDAV locations fail problem.
- Windows 10 experts from Microsoft works on file previewer for .mht, .html, and email (MIME) attachments in Outlook issue.
- They try to fix Internet Explorer security and certificate dialogs problem that display prompts in the background and not in the foreground in some cases
- Windows 10 team works on unresponsive system issue when applications call the EnableEUDC API.
- Microsoft works on an issue in multi-monitor scenarios that prompts a spell checker context menu to appear on the incorrect monitor. This problem takes a place when the customer right-click a misspelled word in IE (Internet Explorer).
- In the Cumulative update KB4458469, Windows 10 developers address Japanese characters in a remote desktop session issue.
- They work on low-level mouse hooks problem with high integrity-level processes.
- Microsoft tries to solve custom keyboard layouts not working correctly.
- After the KB4458469 cumulative update, you will view the policy for the Settings Page under User Configuration. This will be located at the path – User Configuration/Administrative Template => Control Panel => Settings Page Visibility
- Microsoft addresses certain Bluetooth devices don’t pair with Windows.
- The update comes with an effort from Microsoft on Universal CRT that returns the expected output or a null character when “calling _getch()”.
- Windows 10 team tries to solve the Universal CRT that returns unexpected characters when calling the “_findfirst()or _findnext()” functions.
- They work on the “Universal CRT” that restrict certain functions from accepting narrow input or generating correct output with some “ANSI Code Pages”. This problem impacts setargv.obj when running wildcard parsing and calling to receive the current module name for debugging windows. The issue also affects the underneath functions:
• _spawn() (and variants)
- The cumulative update has focused on assessing the compatibility state of the Windows ecosystem. This helps to confirm application and device compatibility for entire updates to Windows.
- Microsoft tries to solve diagnostic pipeline for device problem that is enrolled in Windows Analytics when the CommercialID regikey,
- Windows 10 team works on the App-V client scheduled task syncing problem when the Device Guard lockdown policy is turned on.
- Microsoft addresses the LSASS process fails to work issue when trying to process a malformed security identifier.
- They try to solve delay in unlocking or signing in to a computer problem when it was moved to another network. For instance, a delay happens when switching from either a corporate LAN or WLAN to a home LAN where domain controllers cannot be reached.
- Windows 10 experts in Microsoft works on some sign out not completing issue on some laptops. The problem occurs when a user signs out and immediately closes the laptop. Consequently, when the laptop reopens, the device must be restarted.
- Microsoft works on when turning BitLocker from a local administrator account problem.
- KB4458469 patch addresses devices with fingerprint sensors issue that were upgraded from Windows 10, V1709. After the upgrade, Users can’t enjoy the fingerprint sensor to log in.
- Windows 10 team tries to solve systems taking as much as 60 seconds longer to start. This problem occurs when a smart card reader isn’t installed on the device.
- Microsoft attempts to fix log in to a Windows 10S device problem specifically with a PIN after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803. Users get the error message “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device.”
- Windows 10 team works on Direct Access connection fails when the client authentication certificate is saved in the TPM device.
- They try solved the system to log negative events for drivers that are genuine and should be trusted. The problem occurs when you run Windows Defender Application Control in audit mode.
- KB4458469 cumulative update works on 3rd-party VPN provider’s UI to stop working after dynamically unloading Cryptui.dll.
- Microsoft addresses logging on to a Remote Desktop Session Host Server problem of not responding sometimes.
- In the update, they work on printing to an open or existing file fail without showing an error. This problem happens when you have selected Microsoft Print to PDF or XPS Document Writer.
- Windows 10 experts try to solve daily, repetitive task starts unexpectedly when the task is first created or starts when the task is updated.
- They work subsequent multiple actions in a task using Task Scheduler do not run.
- Microsoft addresses the repetition setting of a task. You can’t schedule this and doesn’t start after disabling and re-enabling. The Next Run Time in Task Scheduler shows the proper time, but the task doesn’t start at that time.
- They work on debugging of minimized UWP applications problem.
- In the KB4458469 for Windows 10 1803, Microsoft tries to solve Visual Studio UWP Deployments that shows the error “The operation could not be completed because an unexpected host ID was encountered”.
- Windows 10 developers try to fix MM_DONT_ZERO_ALLOCATION flag problem. This problem leads to degrading the performance, and, sometimes, error 0x139 appears.
- Windows 10 team attempt to resolve NTLTEST, DCLOCATOR, or joining an Active Directory and SAMBA domain issue that fails when using the NetBIOS domain name. The error message is “An Active Directory domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain %domain% could not be contacted”. They also try to settle connection issues for applications that use mailslots to communicate.
- Microsoft works on encrypted email problem. If the user chooses Cancel when asked for a PIN firstly, multiple PIN prompts comes into view before the prompt finally goes away.
- Windows 10 experts try to settle down Microsoft Help Viewer from rendering HTML content inside a Windows Help .chm file when this is saved on a network location.
- In KB4458469 for Windows 10 1803, they have put effort on lock screen displays a solid color instead of an image determined by a policy before a user signs in for the first time.
- The patch tries to solve Microsoft Edge stops working when printing a PDF in a size 0 window.
- They try to solve Microsoft Edge stops working and closes the associated webpage tabs. The problem troubles when some PDF documents have timing issues when loading.
- Windows 10 experts attempt to resolve scheduled task that has an indefinite duration. The task starts instantly after it is created but not at the time set in the Triggers tab.
- They work on GetSystemTime() may on occasions return an invalid value after using SetSystemTime() immediately before.
- Microsoft tries to fix X509HintsNeeded policy to prepopulate the Username hint field. You notice the username hint field unexpectedly becomes empty when unlocking a system after a successful logon. Username hint caching is expected to only function for lock and unlock and is not for logoff and logon.
- Windows 10 developers work on tile layout after upgrading to Windows 10, version 1803 from 1703 and 1607.
- Microsoft putting its effort on returned temporary values for the new Japanese Calendar Era.
- They address Background Apps settings the user configured are missing when the device reboot because of wrong registry ACLs.
- KB4458469 for Windows 10 1803 tries to fix Microsoft Centennial and some other OS apps don’t display toast notifications.
- They are trying to settle down on Guest Virtual Machines using Unicast NLB become unable to respond to NLB requests after the Virtual Machines reboot.
- Microsoft is taking on dual tunnel AlwaysOn VPN configurations that use trusted network detection now working from having both tunnels operational.
How to download KB4458469 for 1803 Windows 10
Before installing this update
This cumulative update requires the latest servicing stack update (SSU) installation before receiving the KB4458469. If you already grabbed SSU (KB4456655) the current will be offered to you automatically.
Else, Navigate to Settings => “Update & Security” and then click on Check for updates.
If you want to download KB4458469 as a stand-alone package, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog by following the link below –
Source – Release note.