KB4487011 is a new cumulative update rolled out on Feb 19, 2019, by Microsoft. This patch provides various fixes and improvements to the build 15063.1659 Windows 10 for version 1703. The main issues on which Microsoft focuses are – Internet Explorer, applications using Jet database, Japanese calendar, File Explorer and lots more. Moreover, the update includes quality improvements, bug fixes, and stability enhancement only to make Windows 10 more reliable. Yet there’s no issue has been found in this patch.
You are able to get this update automatically else you can download KB4487011 as MSI file format from Microsoft update catalog website. Manual installation is a useful option when you fail to get the patch. See – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List.
KB4487011 for Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.1659 Cumulative update details
This cumulative update does not carry any new features to the operating system but contains multiple quality improvements like –
- KB4487011 modify the time zone info for Chile.
- Works on an issue that causes an application to stop answering when two of its threads share the same input queue.
- Focuses on the rooted pointer to an item identifier list aka PIDL problem in File Explorer.
- Enhances the performance related to case-insensitive string comparison functions, for example, _stricmp() in the Universal C runtime.
- The patch includes an improvement regarding evaluating Windows ecosystem compatibility status. This will make sure application and device are compatible with entire updates.
- Microsoft Window 10 developers make the reliability better for UE-VAppmonitor.
- The cumulative update works on the issue of clock and calendar flyout for the Japanese era. As they were not paying attention to the user settings for date and time formats.
- With the latest cumulative update, the patch works on an issue that can overwrite gan-nen support behavior for the Japanese era.
- In the Japanese era, KB4487011 patch will now support some characters for the first year.
- In the applications of VB, the Japanese era name is not displaying accurately. Therefore, this patch tries to fix them.
- Focuses on the problem that fails to identify the first character of the Japanese era name as an abbreviation and may cause date parsing issues.
- Tries to fix the problem that may prevent Internet Explorer from loading images.
- In addition, the patch solves applications that use a Microsoft Jet database furthermore the Microsoft Access 95 file format to randomly stop working.
How to download KB4487011 for Windows 10, 1703 and install
In case, you have installed all the previous updates and now your system is struggling in receiving this KB4487011 patch, follow the procedure –
Step-1: Press Win+I altogether to open Settings.
Step-2: Click on Update & Security.
Step-3: The cursor will jump on Windows Update, available in the left column of the next Screen; click Check for updates.
Before installing the LCU KB4487011, We recommend you to install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your OS to improve the consistency of the update process.
You can also download KB4487011 from Microsoft update catalog.
Source – Release note.