Another batch of security updates for all versions of Windows 10 is out today. Amongst them, one is KB4561621 for Windows 10 1803 (OS Build 17134.1550). The package contains some quality enhancements along with certain fixes. Thankfully, no issues are reported by the company for this patch.
Microsoft offers different release channels to grab this package. Windows update will do the task automatically; whereas the update will be synced all by itself with WSUS. In addition, the manual procedure is also possible through Microsoft Update Catalog. So explore the below section to know more about the patch in detail. Let’s begin –
KB4561621 Windows 10 1803 17134.1550 Update Changelog
Here is the list of improvements, fixes, and issues that KB4561621 offers –
- Microsoft Office products receive security updates.
- The storage and management of files will be enhanced with this patch.
- While using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, users will experience more security.
- Every time Windows performs fundamental operations, it will be more accurate as there are security enhancements.
- During the usage of input devices like keyboard, stylus, or mouse, users will see security improvements.
- Microsoft Store and Xbox also grab developments in the security area.
- The verification of usernames and passwords will be more secured.
- Deals with a complication that blocks users from updating .msi files from a network folder.
- Security updates to a wide range of Microsoft Office products are out in this package. They include the “Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Shell, Microsoft Xbox, the Microsoft Store, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Hybrid Storage Services, Windows Update Stack, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine”.
The giant software is not aware of any troubles with this package.
How to Get KB4561621
Microsoft suggests the installation of latest servicing stack update (SSU) before you make an attempt to grab this patch. However, this ensures the reliability of the entire update procedure. Moreover, it also mitigates potential threats during this installation. Once you have the SSU, go through these Windows Update channel to grab the package.
- Open Windows Settings using Win+I.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates.
In addition, visit Microsoft Update Catalog to download the supportable file and install it by yourself.
Source – Release Note