Windows KB updates for 8 September 2020 are arriving for all the versions. KB4577032 is the latest release for Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.1726. The Security update mainly includes improvements for Event Viewer, Microsoft Keyboard Filter Service, and default applications settings.
You are able to download KB4577032 automatically and install after only a single click until you have not altered the default Windows update Settings. Besides, you can acquire the .MSI file for the same from Microsoft update catalog website. This will let you manually install the patch for Windows 10 version 1803.
KB4577032 Windows 10 1803 update
Here is KB4577032 changelog –
- After obtaining the patch you will be able to synchronize the “Microsoft Edge IE Mode unidirectional session cookie”. This can be done during an admin configures the session cookie.
- The security package works on changing default applications settings unexpected notifications problem.
- Updates time zone information for Canada and Yukon.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Event Viewer from properly saving filtered events.
- Tries to solve the delay during shutdown problem that occurs when running the Microsoft Keyboard Filter Service.
- The update tries to settle a security vulnerability problem that occurs with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. Once you received, HTTP-based intranet servers will be unable to leverage a user proxy by default to identify updates. Scans through these servers will not be successful if the clients do not have a configured system proxy. In the situation when it is essential to leverage a user proxy, you must modify the behavior through the Windows Update policy Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails. This alteration does not influence customers who acquire their WSUS with the SSL protocols.
- The patch comprises the Security updates to all the Windows and Microsoft components.
Microsoft is not aware of any kind of issue.
How to download KB4577032 on Windows 10 1803 and install
As a matter of great consequence, you must install the latest SSU KB4565552 before starting to install this patch. Once completed, follow either of the 2 methods –
1] Using Windows update
- Access Settings (Windows logo + I keys) and choose the Update & Security.
- Select the link that indicates Check for updates from right side of the next page.
- After scanning and downloading of KB4577032, click on Install now.
2] Using Microsoft update catalog
- In order to manually install go to the direct download link https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4577032 and spot the file compatible with your system.
- Click the Download located at the far right and select a link that appears in a popup page.
- Launch the MSU extension file from the download location to pull off the installation.
Source – Release note