On March 2021 Patch Tuesday, the tech giant is delivering LCU for different Windows editions. In addition to KB5000802 for Windows 10 20H2 and 2004 which is covered in the previous post, KB5000808 for v1909 and KB5000859 for v1809 are released.
You are able to install the rollout respectively on the editions automatically via Windows update.
KB5000822, KB5000808 for Windows 10 1809 and 1909
Here is the changelog –
- The push updates security for the UI of Windows.
- Similar to the previous releases it updates to improve security for Windows to perform basic operations.
- Furthermore, the patch improves security when working with Microsoft Office products.
- The Tuesday push addresses an elevation of privilege security vulnerability corroborated in CVE-2021-1640 related to print jobs submitted to FILE: ports. After restarting the OS or print spooler service (spoolsv.exe), Pending print jobs will remain in an error state after receiving 09 March 2021 patch. You need to manually delete the pending print jobs and re-submit them to the print queue when the spooler service becomes online.
- The package carries security updates to the different components like Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Apps, Windows User Account Control (UAC), Windows Core Networking, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, Windows Virtualization, the Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Legacy, and Windows Media.
To see the full detail of the resolved vulnerabilities, navigate to the new Security Update Guide website.
|When upgrading Windows 10 v1809 or greater to a greater version the User certificates and system may be missing. The error occurs with the devices powered with at least LCU rolled out on Sept 16, 2020, or later that are tried to be upgraded to a later via installation source or media that does not have an LCU Oct 13, 2020, or greater. This basically occurs when the update is installed via media through an update management tool such as WSUS or Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager or obsolete bundles. This might also take place when using obsolete physical media or ISO images that do not integrate the latest rollout.||You can mitigate this issue using the instructions here. If the deadline is ended then follow this – How to change the roll back period to 60 days in Windows 10.|
They are working on a resolution you will receive bundles and refreshed media in the forthcoming weeks.
How to download KB5000808, KB5000822 on Windows 10 1909 and 1809
First of all, ensure that you have installed the latest SSU KB5000908 on Windows 1909 and KB5000859 on 1809. Then follow the method ahead –
1. Using default Windows update
- Click – Start and type – updates.
- Hit – Enter and select – Check for updates.
- Reboot the device whenever asked after the downloading of the patch.
2. Through Microsoft update catalog
Click the direct download links from below –
Double click on the respective file having .msu extension and pursue the instructions on screen until the installation is completed.