Release Preview channel has received yet another update that hosts a long list of bug fixes. Most of all, this version holds 2 new features – 1) WebAuthn redirection and 2) additional dynamic Widgets content for the taskbar. KB5017383 is the cumulative update that carries Windows 11 Build 22000.1041. You know RP channel distributes updates to the original release. This is update KB5017383 (Build 22000.1041) Preview for Windows 11 21H2.
Full name of this build is 2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5017383). Let’s see the detail of this rollout –
Windows 11 Build 22000.1041 KB5017383 is out
Here is the changelog –
- RP Channel LCU KB5017383 brought WebAuthn redirection that allows you to authenticate in apps and on websites without a password when you use Remote Desktop. Afterward, you will be able to use Windows Hello or security devices, for example, Fast Identity Online 2.0 (FIDO2) keys. This is a new feature.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.1041 (RP) added additional dynamic Widgets content to the taskbar containing notification badging. Now you will see a banner at the uppermost part of the board on opening the Widgets board. This will provide more details about what triggered the notification badge. This is again a new feature.
- Experts in the team fixed an issue that requires you to re-install an application if the Microsoft Store has not signed that app. This problem occurs after you upgrade to a newer version. See – How to Fix This sign-in option is disabled Error in Windows 10 or 11.
- Furthermore, they fixed the codecs that couldn’t be updated from the Microsoft Store.
- LCU KB5017383 fixed a race condition that occurs in framework autorepair registration. Missing registration key causes this problem.
- The new version fixed the Network Policy Server Management (NPSM) service problem. This glitch results in major delays when signing out.
- They settled an issue that have an impact on the Windows Search service. When using the service Indexing progress becomes slow.
- The rollout solved cached credentials for security keys as well as FIDO2 authentications. The system removes the cached credentials on hybrid domain-joined devices.
- Experts in the team solved the network’s static IP issue. The configuration of the static IP becomes inconsistent due to this issue. NetworkAdapterConfiguration() fails sporadically.
- The rollout fixed a rare stop error that happens after changing the display mode and more than one display is in use.
- Also, they fixed Desktop Window Manager or DWM rendering problem. Your device might stop responding in a virtual machine setting due to this problem when using specific video graphics drivers.
- They solved graphics drivers that use d3d9on12.dl problem l.
- The new version fixed a problem that constrains the IE mode tabs in a session to reload.
- The rollout settled an issue that launch a browser window in IE mode to show a PDF file. Subsequently, browsing to another IE mode website within the same window fails.
- They fixed window.open in IE mode problem.
- LCU KB5017383 introduced a Group Policy that disables and enables Microsoft HTML Application aka MSHTA files.
- The rollout fixed the Microsoft Japanese IME aka input method editor problem.
- The insider team solved input queue overflows problem. This might give rise to an app to stop responding.
- The experts fixed black screen issue. This problem might occur when using a pen to turn on HDR aka high dynamic range.
- They fixed the App-V client service problem. When you remove App-V registry nodes, the service leaks memory.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.1041 fixed the default printer that might be changed when it is a network printer.
- The rollout fixed a problem that affects WDAC policies. WDAC policies will not apply when enabling SecureLaunch on a device.
- The CU fixed Windows Defender Application Control aka WDAC path rules. PowerShell scripts and .msi scripts might not be running due to this.
- The insider experts fixed an issue that might bypass MSHTML as well as ActiveX rules for WDAC.
- The CU KB5017383 fixed an issue that causes Windows Defender Application Control to log 3091 and 3092 events in audit mode.
- Also, they fixed WDAC that might stop WDAC from logging .NET Dynamic Code trust verification failures.
- The team fixed the WDAC policy that fails to load. Subsequently, the system logs that failure as an error, but the system should log the failure as a warning.
- They solved Code Integrity logging problem. This problem triggers automatic repair.
- KB5017383 fixed the touch keyboard that immediately closes when you tap to switch apps.
- The release fixed LogonUI.exe which might stop working. This problem prevents the lock screen from changing to the credentials screen.
- The new version fixed problem in FindNextFileNameW(). Because of this, memory leak occurs.
- Experts fixed the robocopy problem. Actually, Robocopy fails to configure a file to the right modified time when using /IS.
- RP channel update Windows 11 Build 22000.1041 fixed an issue that affects cldflt.sys. as a result a stop error appears when it is used with OneDrive.
- The LCU for RP Channel fixed a problem in LanmanWorkstation service. The service leaks memory when mounting a network drive.
- Experts in the Channel fixed a problem that affects the Get-SmbServerNetworkInterface. This component only retrieves a subset of the available network interfaces.
- They fixed Get-SmbServerConfiguration problem. This component only allows you to run it if you are an administrator.
- The experts fixed the Roaming User Profiles problem. Subsequent to signing in or sign out, some of your settings are not restored.
- They solved a known issue that affects XML Paper Specification aka XPS viewers. Because of this problem, you couldn’t open XPS files in some non-English languages. These include some Chinese and Japanese character encodings. This problem affects Open XPS (OXPS) and XPS files.
- Finally, KB5017383 fixed a known issue that affects DST aka daylight saving time in Chile. Because of this problem, the time and dates used for meetings, apps, tasks, services, transactions, and more might not work correctly.
KB5017383 Download links (Windows 11 Build 22000.1041)
4] ARM: ARM64.cab
5] ARM: ARM64.psf
6] ARM: SSU-22000.1035-ARM64.cab
Download Windows 11 Build 22000.1041 from the official website (when ready).