Storm is a free app of windows 8 which allows you to see the weather forecast of your location. This app is perfectly designed to provide accurate results. The frequent update on weather makes this app even more appreciable. Storm app helps you to have a quick overlook of the weather forecast of multiple cities. You could also view the detailed forecast of a particular city/location by clicking on it. In this app, you can add your locality in addition to that you could also add multiple cities or could search for multiple cities using the search function of Storm app.
The interface of this app is very simple and intuitive. It is designed in such a manner that users find it very friendly and easy to work within this app. You can select for the unit of temperature in which it is displayed whether it be Celsius or Fahrenheit. Wind speed and precipitation details are also shown in this app. A screenshot of this app is shown below:
You can have this app from the link provided at the last of this article.
How to use Storm App to know the weather of your locality
At first, install this app from searching it in the Windows Store. Once you have installed this app on your windows machine, run this app from its icon on the start screen. A window like the above shown screenshot will appear in front of you. Here, you could see easily that it shows temperature on two sides, one based on the locations and in other, you could see the full map. On the full map, you could opt for temperature, precipitation, radar and cloud cover. You can also check weather on an interactive map; Radar shows you where precipitation has fallen in the last hour, and you can see how the cloud cover, precipitation and temperature will evolve in time.
Using this app, you can see the weather of multiple cities at one time and could compare them. You could also see the temperature variation of a city or a location using this app on a Graph which might give you a prediction about the upcoming day’s climate. The forecasts are 15 days ahead and give you all the details, hour by hour. Your locations can be saved as tiles on the home screen. It shows places with forecasts one hour ahead. Storm is created by StormGeo, the world’s largest private meteorological institute.
Key Features of Storm App
- Completely Free and lightweight App.
- Uncluttered Interface.
- 15 day weather forecast for over 8 million locations worldwide.
- Weather forecast with higher accuracy.
- Uses very little system resources and battery.
- Temperature can be chosen to be displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Weather maps with radar which shows where precipitation has fallen in the last six hours.
- Daily Overview 15 days ahead, detailed hour-by-hour forecasts 72 hours ahead, and six-hour forecasts in the last 12 days.
- Your Location could be saved as tiles. The tiles saved by you would appear with forecasts one hour ahead, and is the shortcut to the full 15-days notice.
- Storm App promotes ads, however, they don’t obstruct your workings while using this app.
Storm is a fantastic app of windows 8 in order to get to know about the weather, climate in our locality and other locality as well. The forecast provided by this app is accurate to a very high precision. You might not like the ads in this app, however being unobtrusive, they would not be a problem for you. Overall. this an incredible app and you should try this app.
Link: Storm App for Widows 8