Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev Update 22.214.171.124 Comes with multiple Fixes and improvements for the browser’s functionalities. The build includes Spell check enabled by default, support for Dolby AC3/E-AC3 audio decoding, InPrivate title for incognito window and a lot more. This is the first time when Chromium 76 build reaches the Dev channel of Edge browser.
Microsoft Edge team was working on this build from 2 weeks to fix the bugs and respond to insider’s feedbacks. You are able to get the update 126.96.36.199 through Settings and more > Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Edge Dev Update 188.8.131.52 Manifold Fixes
Here are the improvements and fixes the update carries –
- Edge Dev Update 184.108.40.206 has Spellcheck enabled by default for all users.
- The browser now offers refresh layout and Color and for Settings, Extension, Downloads, Favorites, and History.
- Read Aloud will now onwards select one of the new cloud-powered voices by default.
- The build updates logic for quick links on the New Tab Page. Any website you add manually or edit will remain in the list unless you delete it, while other sites will continue to update based on your browsing history.
- Microsoft Edge Dev Build 220.127.116.11 added support for Dolby AC3/E-AC3 audio decoding for some media playback sources.
- You are able to now sort favorites by name from the manage favorites page. You need to right-click on the page background and choose – Sort by name for this.
- Starting from this update, you can save Favorites in the favorites bar using the shortcuts ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT and ALT+SHIFT+LEFT.
- Edge now allows to filter by time range and then search within the filtered results when in history.
- CTRL+A selects all items in the current list in the history page.
- The Add a profile flyout on the browser uses dark colors in dark theme.
- The default profile icon replaces the white background with gray in the dark theme.
- The build adds Tooltip to tab close button, keyboard shortcuts to tooltips, and special tooltip notes for a tab is in an error state.
- The title of an InPrivate window appears as [InPrivate].
- In Edge Dev Update 18.104.22.168, Escape key will now cancel the profile creation.
- Appearance and Profiles items in the Settings navbar no longer overlap in small width window.
- The title bar of Installed sites now displays – Customize and control menu button.
- The team fixed wrong amount of scrolling of a page when using the keyboard to scroll in high DPI modes.
- When you open a menu the first item in a context menu is no longer displaying a hover effect.
- The build includes a fix for a bug which could cause updates to stop if you upgrade to the next Windows 10 release.
- They solve keyboard problems of navigation via toolbar and favorites.
- Edge Dev Update Build 22.214.171.124 Fixed Netflix sometimes temporarily stopped playing video problem after seeking.
- Read Aloud stopped when reading if it meets certain characters.
- List of pages is rendered incompletely on On startup settings.
- Profile icon choices now look in two tidy rows as expected when creating or editing a profile.
- They removed an additional vertical separator that was appearing wrongly between an active tab and its neighbor tabs.
- Build solved an intermittent crash in the send feedback dialog.
- You will see Site permissions for USB devices in proper way in Settings.
- When a web page is using your mic, a microphone icon now shows rather a camera icon.
- Profile flyout dark background was displaying some dark text when you are using dark mode. Now the issue gets fixed.
- The update made Disabled toolbar buttons are much easier to view when you apply dark theme.
Source – techcommunity.