Microsoft has authoritatively recommended few tips to stop Get Windows 10 app blooming on the System tray. The tips are pretty enough efficient to prevent files from being downloaded during Windows update too and carried out via Registry Editor as well as Group Policy Editor. This article will showcase the steps to remove Get Windows 10 Using Microsoft Recommended Tips.
How to Remove Get Windows 10 Using Microsoft Recommended Tips
As the steps will have alterations in the Registry Editor, it is advised to hold a backup of it prior to applying the steps.
For the Computers Operating Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate and Windows 8.1 Pro
This technique is for those who are operating on the earlier edition of the OS and wishes to restrain the Get Windows 10 symbol on the system tray by taking the aid of Local Group Policy Editor. The admin authorities must be there in the system and has received an updated Group Policy Object for the blocking task to take place.
- With the regular habit of hitting Win and R keys, approve Run command to be seen on screen.
- Type the letters
gpedit.mscand thereupon hit Enter.
- The required window will momentarily emerge on screen, exhibiting many entries on its left column.
- Use this route carefully –
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update Policy
- Once reached there, glance a look on the other side where a series of settings will be observable.
- Go through the path until you come across the one that explains itself as “Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows Update”, turn it ON by checking the small tiny round cell before Enabled followed by clicking Ok.
- This will establish a new entry in the Registry Editor and in this manner, it will restrain Windows 10 Upgrade via Windows Update.
For the Computers Operating Non-Enterprise Editions of Windows 7 or 8.1
The users who fall in the above-stated category needs to manually establish a Registry key to remove Get Windows 10 app and upgrade hints.
- Here also, use the traditional approach of Win and R keys to notice the Run command.
- In the edit field, type
regeditforwarded by a hit o Enter key.
- Cautiously follow this route –
HKEY_LOCAl_MACHINE ->Software -> Policies-> Microsoft -> Windows -> Gwx
- If Gwx is not present, establish a new key under Windows and entitle it with Gwx.
- Now, on the opposite pane, execute a right tap to choose DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it as DisableGwx.
- Next, quickly conduct a twice hit on it and put its value as 1 and before closing the box, tap on the Ok button.
So, at last, Microsoft opened up and considering the pleas of those who for some reasons do not prefer to be disturbed by the continuous flickering of Get Windows 10 symbol or upgrade prompts. Two different scenarios of workout are given for two distinct set of versions, both aiming at the same goal. Grab a shot of them and drop your viewpoints in the comments form below.