Microsoft has just rolled out Windows 10 19541, the first build of this year 2020 to Fast ring. The update includes new features in Task manager and Cortana and fixes for many issues.
You will receive Windows 10 19541 20H2 automatically if you have enabled the setting in Windows insider program. Follow this article to Get Windows 10 20H2 Insider Builds.
Windows 10 19541 20H2 Changelog
New Location in-use icon
The build came up with a notification area icon for when an app is using location. The new icon looks like this:
Task Manager Detail tab can show architecture
Windows 10 19541 will display the architecture of each process in the Task Manager Details tab. If you like this feature, you are able to add this option by right-clicking on a column header. You need to click Select Columns and choose Architecture from the menu.
Additional updates for Insiders
Update for Cortana App
Bing Instant Answers and Timers feature is again made available online. Developers are working on getting jokes (and additional assistant conversation) back up and running.
Currently, the feature is available for English (United States) and if would like to try it out, you can speak Hey Cortana or type following into Cortana –
- Set a timer for 10 minutes
- When was the Space Needle built?
Windows 10 19541 fixes and improvements
- The build solved System Settings reliability problem.
- Windows 10 19541 also settled a bug causing Reboot needed notifications that were persisting reboot during Windows update.
- Microsoft engineers solved update speed in Task Manager that was unexpectedly being set to Paused.
- They fixed the Narrator that led to Start not saying the correct index of an app in the all apps list.
- Furthermore, the Search window that wasn’t showing acrylic at the top is now solved.
- In Windows 10 Build 19536, Feedback Hub surprisingly not displaying store apps in the list of contexts when logging feedback within the Apps category. This same problem occurred in the symptom of apps that proceeding to show Install in the Store, instead of Launch after the app had been installed.
- A persisting known issue BattlEye anti-cheat software still exists in this build. Microsoft and the company are combinedly working to fix the same. Currently, Microsoft has applied a compatibility hold on the affected devices.
- Microsoft experts are analyzing reports of the update process hanging issue for extended periods of time. The problem occurs when attempting to install a new build.
- They are also figuring out reports of some external USB 3.0 drives that stop responding with Start Code 10 after they’re connected.
- In this build, The Optimize Drives Control Panel is inaccurately reporting that optimization has never run on some devices. However, Optimization is completing perfectly, even though it is not reflected in the UI.
- The Documents section under Privacy Settings page has a broken icon (just a rectangle).
- Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) crashes when trying to connect to multiple sessions.
- Snipping Tool isn’t working on secondary monitors.
- Timeline doesn’t include any activities.
- Microsoft’s developers are studying reports that Outlook search isn’t working for some Insiders.
Source – Windows Experience blog.