Windows 10 Build 18860 20H1 rolls in with a lot of fixes, improvements, and modifications as well. The specific update brings the SwiftKey typing technology that comprises the support of 39 languages to enhance the accuracy level of auto-correction and prediction. In addition, the build includes several changes and fixes like – Edge, night light, battery drain and more.
Being into the Skip Ahead ring, you’re able to straightaway get Build 18860 20H1 via Windows Update. For this, Go to the inbuilt Windows Settings app and explore the Update & Security category. Thereafter, hit the ‘Check for updates’ button to download and install the build on your device.
Windows 10 Build 18860 20H1 Details
The Build introduces SwiftKey’s Typing technology feature in 39 languages, they are –
Afrikaans (South Africa), Albanian (Albania), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Armenian (Armenia), Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan), Basque (Spain), Bulgarian (Bulgaria), Catalan (Spain), Croatian (Croatia), Czech (Czech Republic), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), Estonian (Estonia), Finnish (Finland), Galician (Spain), Georgian (Georgia), Greek (Greece), Hausa (Nigeria), Hebrew (Israel), Hindi (India), Hungarian (Hungary), Indonesian (Indonesia), Kazakh (Kazakhstan), Latvian (Latvia), Lithuanian (Lithuania), Macedonian (Macedonia), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmal, Norway), Persian (Iran), Polish (Poland), Romanian (Romania), Serbian (Serbia), Serbian (Serbia), Slovak (Slovakia), Slovenian (Slovenia), Swedish (Sweden), Turkish (Turkey), Ukrainian (Ukraine), Uzbek (Uzbek).
Windows 10 Build 18860 20H1 General Fixes, Changes and Improvements details
- Works on the crashing issue in the Edge Browser. It used to occur while interacting with combo boxes in PDF forms.
- Tech Giant fixed an issue that could result in night light being on after an upgrade, even though all the settings showed that night light should be off.
- After installing the Build 18860, the night light will not stick while accommodating its strength using the slider
- The night light will not operate to skip the fade transition until it continues to turn off.
- Another issue resulting in the increment of draining the battery gets fixed now. It used to occurs when the screen was on in recent builds.
- Windows insider team works on an issue resulting in the “…” menu contents being clipped for certain apps in the full screen. For instance – Voice Recorder and Alarms & Clock.
- Another fix for Insiders is out. It acts in bugcheck green screens mentioning a KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION error.
- Microsoft specialist works for preventing certain VMs from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. The VM would slug on the black screen with the Windows symbol.
- Windows 10 team focuses on doing a right click a Wi-Fi entry in the taskbar network list would bring up a dark theme context menu. This issue arises when you use a light theme on your device.
- Addresses Settings crashing for some Insiders while hitting the Apps section.
- If you open games which use anti-cheat software, there’s the chance to face the Green Screen of Death bugcheck.
- There is an issue when trying to Reset your PC and selecting Keep my files on a device having Reserved Storage. Here, the user will launch an extra reboot to confirm whether the Reserved Storage is running accurately or not.
- Some Realtek SD card readers may not be able to function suitably.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not working well. The team is partnering with Creative to fix this issue.
Known issues for Developers
- If you receive a current build staying in the Skip Ahead and move to either Fast or Slow ring level, the optional content may not work. Accordingly, you need to stick with the Fast ring to install/enable/add/ optional content. The reason is this optional content will only arrive the builds which get approved to receive these features.