Release Preview channel of Windows 10 Insider has obtained a new build having improvements in location and expansion of the notification badging rollout for Microsoft account. Furthermore, the update brings several bug fixes such as for Group Policy Service, API for D3D12 Independent Devices, WS_EX_LAYERED window, disk partitions, and more. KB5029331 is the update that increases the version to Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.3391.
Full name of this release is 2023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System (KB5029331). Look up the previous version: Windows 10 KB5028244 Preview Update Build 19045.3271 Rolled out. Now see what is new in this update:
KB5029331 Windows 10 Build 19045.3391 changes, improvements, and bug fixes
Here is the changelog:
- KB5029331 LCU improves how Windows detects your location and helps to give you better weather, news, and traffic information.
- Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.3391 RP channel expands the rollout of notification badging for Microsoft accounts on the Start menu. A Microsoft account serves as the bridge between Windows and your Microsoft applications. It functions as a safeguard for your data, facilitates subscription management, and offers the option to enhance security measures, preventing potential account lockouts. This functionality ensures swift access to crucial notifications pertaining to your account.
Improvements and bug fixes
- This release makes DST aka daylight saving time changes for the country Israel.
- This update resolves a problem impacting the Group Policy Service, specifically by eliminating the 30-second default network availability wait time. As a result of this change, policies are now accurately processed without any disruptions.
- KB5029331 CU adds a new API for D3D12 Independent Devices. You can use it to create numerous D3D12 devices on the same adapter.
- This update targets a concern related to a keyboard input simulation application, where there might have been an inability to transmit Japanese characters to other applications.
- Furthermore, this update addresses an issue that affects a WS_EX_LAYERED window. The window might render with the incorrect dimensions or at the incorrect position. This happens when scaling the display screen.
- This update resolves a problem impacting print jobs directed to a virtual print queue, where these jobs were failing without any accompanying error message.
- RP Channel rollout resolves a concern related to disk partitions, wherein the system could experience a halt after the deletion of a disk partition and the subsequent addition of the freed space to an existing BitLocker partition.
- This update resolves a problem impacting Remote Desktop sessions, where disconnections occur when multiple applications are being utilized simultaneously.
- Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.3391 RP channel addresses an issue that affects the display of the search box.
- This release preview deliverance addresses settings that do not sync even if you turn on the toggle on the Windows backup page in the Settings app.
- Finally, This update addresses a concern related to the Resultant Set of Policy aka RSOP in which the reporting of the Windows LAPS BackupDirectory policy setting was not functioning correctly. This issue occurred specifically when the setting was configured as 1, representing Back up to AAD.
How to download KB5029331 and install
- Click on Search from the taskbar and type updates.
- Press Enter and when the Settings app appears, click on Check for updates.
KB5029331 Download link: https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx (When get ready).
Source: Windows blog.