Windows 11 RP channel received a new update having significant improvements in the detection of location and fresh API for D3D12. This build brings bug fixes for Group Policy Service, WS_EX_LAYERED window, elevated CPU usage, disk partitions, and Resultant Set of Policy. KB5029332 is the update that increases the 21H2 version to Windows 11 Build 22000.2359.
Full name of this release is 2023-08 Preview Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5029332). See about the previous build: Windows 11 KB5028245 Build 22000.2245 Rolled out to 21H2.
KB5029332 Windows 11 Build 22000.2359 Changes, improvements, and bug fixes
Here is the changelog:
- KB5029332 CU preview improves how Windows detects your location in order to help to give you adequate weather, news, and traffic information. This is a new update.
- This distribution makes DST aka daylight saving time changes for Israel.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.2359 RP Channel addresses Group Policy Service. that will not wait for 30 seconds, which is the default wait time, for the network to be available. This issue prevents the correct processing of policies.
- This update introduces a fresh API for D3D12 Independent Devices, enabling the creation of multiple D3D12 devices on a single adapter.
- This update resolves a problem impacting a WS_EX_LAYERED window, where the window could potentially display with incorrect dimensions or positioning. This issue arises when the display screen is scaled.
- KB5029332 LCU addresses print jobs that are sent to a virtual print queue that ends up failing without an error.
- This update resolves a problem leading to elevated CPU usage, which occurs upon enabling the fBlockNonDomain policy.
- This update resolves a concern impacting disk partitions, where the system could experience a halt subsequent to the deletion of a disk partition and the incorporation of the freed space into an existing BitLocker partition.
- Finally, Windows 11 Build 22000.2359 addresses the Resultant Set of Policy aka RSOP. The reporting of the Windows LAPS BackupDirectory policy setting was not functioning, specifically in cases where the setting was configured as 1, representing Back up to AAD.
How to download KB5029332 and install
- Click on Search and type the term updates.
- Hit the Enter key to launch the Settings app and click on Check for updates.
KB5029332 Download link: https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx (when ready).
Source: Windows blog.