As a coincidence Windows 10 20150 is the opening build of both 21H1 Iinsider and Dev channel. The release includes some WSL features, Map data updates and a substantial number of fixes. Most of all ISO for the update is available herein on the Microsoft Windows insider website at the same time.
The build will be installed to the Dev channel insiders currently termed as fast ring. You can also manually check the push from Windows settings.
Table of Contents
Windows 10 Build 20150
Here is the list of new features, changes, fixes, and known issues in Windows 10 Build 20150 –
Three new Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) features – GPU compute, WSL install, and WSL update
This build incorporates three new amazing WSL features – GPU compute, WSL install, and WSL update respectively.
- GPU compute – Lets your Linux binaries to leverage GPU. It eventually makes it possible to do more machine learning development along with data science workflows straight away in WSL.
- WSL install – Will permit you to install WSL with a single command.
- WSL update – Provides you the ability to smoothly manage the Linux kernel version used by WSL 2 distros.
Map data updates in the Maps App
Some time ago, Bing Maps team started to gently release the new TomTom base map data. It was being offered to Microsoft first-party products and Bing Maps as well.
Continuing with the process, they are slowly updating the Maps app for Insiders enrolled for Dev channel. This will eventually let them use the new map data from TomTom.
General changes & improvements
- The team is going to roll out the new search box on the default app settings page. Moreover, users will notice enhancements in the performance of the search box.
- Insiders can again use the new Korean IME.
- The text of the Settings => Privacy => Location page gets an update. It will elucidate that the icon displayed when your location is being used will be shown in the taskbar.
Windows 10 Build 20150 Fixes
- Visual Studio windows were not persistently accepting clicks issue gets a fix in this build.
- The Documents and Downloads subsection in the Privacy Settings will not display a broken icon anymore.
- The Windows Update page will not appear blank after reopening Settings if you have paused Windows Update while a new build is in download progress and you closed the application.
- A problem where the updates made when editing VPN networks in Settings might not present is resolved.
- The Properties of Network & Internet status will let you copy the content to the clipboard. Previously, the Copy button was not working.
- Data usage number in Network & Internet Settings will now onwards display correctly. The issue was evident in Japanese if the data usage was less than 1 MB.
- Sound Settings will not crash down anymore.
- The Optimize Drives window position was not preserved on elevation gets a fix as well in this build.
- Group Policy Editor fixes the typo error under User Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Component => File Explorer => Do not move deleted files to the Recycle Bin.
- On-Screen Keyboard not showing text predictions issue is resolved.
- A double-click an OneDrive file in File Explorer often throws a notification stating “Windows Defender SmartScreen is downloading from OneDrive”. Thankfully, Windows 10 Build 20150 resolve this problem.
- In some cases, the resource Monitor displays CPU usage is more than 100%. Microsoft fixes this specific problem as well.
- The unexpected appearance of qaa-Latn in your list of keyboards after upgrading is also resolved.
- Windows 10 build 20150 fixes the issue with multiple input methods. Typing a wrong password on the login screen would result in a keyboard changing back to the default input method.
- The Japanese curve-flick input in abc mode also creates an issue that is now fixed. The touch keyboard space bar label simply disappears while pressing it.
- Microsoft overcomes an issue that could not launch your browser in the foreground after choosing a web link from another app.
- Search not accepting typed input is fixed.
- If you have pinned Windows Security app to Start, the tile misses the icon when it is set to medium-sized.
- During a large number of detections, Windows Security app’s performance will not deteriorate.
- Finally, the problem that could lead your PC in bugchecking gets resolved.
- The team is working on a resolution for the problem that causes certain systems to crash with a HYPERVISOR_ERROR bug check.
- When users make an attempt to install a new build, the update process hangs for a prolonged time period.
- Notepad might not reopen files that were saved all by itself during a PC upgrade (or restart, if enabled in Settings). However, Documents can be recovered from %localappdata%\Notepad.
Source – Windows experience Blog