The active development branch of insider has got an update with the announcement of the retirement of Internet Explorer 11. This is none other than Windows 10 Build 21387.1 that includes a moderate number of bug fixes and changes.
You can obtain the rollout as usual via Windows update.
Windows 10 Build 21387.1 rolling out
Here is the changelog –
Improvements and Changes
- IE11/Internet Explorer 11 desktop application now reaches retirement age as of this Insider Preview build. For more information see https://aka.ms/IEmodeblog.
- Windows 10 Build 21387.1000 is disabling the Eco mode Task Manager to refine the experience and address several issues.
- The rollout fixed text was unexpectedly using the Times New Roman font on the welcome screens displayed after the first sign-in.
- Update fixed errors occurring when trying to launch Notepad through the Run dialog.
- The experts fixed some Linux GUI apps that were unable to be launched correctly through the shortcut automatically added to the Start menu.
- They fixed change or reset PIN workflows not working.
- Also, they fixed the night light was instantly turning off after being enabled.
- Windows 10 Build 21387.1000 fixed an error – We can’t find an audio device when trying to play audio from a connected Bluetooth speaker.
- The experts there solved explorer.exe might crash after repeated use of the touchpad gesture for switching Virtual Desktops.
- Furthermore, they fixed 2 problems impacting the ability to print using USB printers.
- The rollout fixed the Windows Update page potentially becoming unresponsive after clicking Pause Updates.
- This version fixed error code 0xc1900101.
- The experts in Microsoft fixed an issue where some devices were re-offered the .NET update after it is installed. After receiving this build you should no longer be reoffered the .NET update. Still, you encounter any issue during installing Build 21387.1000 due to a pending .NET update, pause then un-pause updates.
- They fixed DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error that occured when using Personal Vault in OneDrive.
- They settled the issue of a ctfmon.exe crash when using ATOK (a third-party IME) if reconversion was triggered in some win32 apps.
Windows 10 Build 21387.1 Known issues
- The Camera App does not obey the default brightness setting set via the new Camera Settings page.
- The professionals are looking into an issue where elements of Search (including the search box in File Explorer) are no longer showing correctly in dark theme.
- They are looking into flyout may occasionally flash in the top left corner of the screen after clicking the button on your taskbar in News and interests.
- Finally, they are working on a fix for a second issue error code 0xc1900101 that occurs when trying to install the update.
Source – Windows blog.