Windows 11 21H2, Windows 10 22H2, and Windows 10 21H2 (LTSC) have received a cumulative update for .Net Framework 4.8.1 on the occasion of Patch Tuesday 13/06/2023 in the RP channel (Release Preview). KB5011048 is the patch that contains native support for ARM64 and accessibility improvements. See: Windows 11 KB5022497 .NET Framework 4.8.1 and 3.5 22H2 Rolled out. Furthermore, the update includes several other improvements.
Currently, KB5011048 cumulative update is released to the Release Preview Channel and this will be available to the original version of Windows 11 22H2 in the coming week. Now you can install this patch from automatic Windows Update and the same can be installed through the Standalone package in Microsoft update catalog whenever it will be rolled out to the original version.
KB5011048 Windows 11 22H2 .Net Framework 4.8.1 Update in Release Preview Channel
For users who have non-English localized versions of Windows or have installed one or more Multilingual User Interface aka MUI packs, the .NET Framework v4.8.1 Language Packs will be accessible through Windows Update and the Microsoft Update Catalog. This ensures that customers can obtain the necessary language packs to support their preferred language or multilingual interface configuration.
In scenarios where enterprise customers have client machines directly connected to public Windows Update servers, administrators may opt to prevent the deployment of the .NET Framework 4.8.1 to these machines. This enables the completion of internal application testing before initiating the deployment process.
How to download the .Net Framework 4.8.1 to Windows 11 22H2
Through Windows update
- Click on Search from the Taskbar.
- Type updates and hit Enter key on the keyboard.
- Then the Settings app opens up; click on “Check for updates”.
- Click on Download.
- After the process is completed, click on Restart now.
Using Microsoft Update Catalog (When released to the original version)
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Type KB5011048 in the Seach bar and press Enter.
- Locate the Standalone file compatible with your device.
- Click on the Download button to prompt a separate page.
- Select the link and double click on the .MSU file and confirm the prompt.
NET Framework 4.8.1 release declaration IS here: Announcing .NET Framework 4.8.1 – .NET Blog (microsoft.com).
Source: Windows blog.