Windows 11 has obtained a non-security or optional patch having a massive list of bug fixes and improvements. KB5007262 is the release that increases the version to Windows 11 build 22000.348, furthermore, this is also available for Insiders in Beta and Release Preview Channel.
The update comes under monthly “C” release and its codename is 22000.348.co_release_svc_prod3.211116-1352.
KB5007262 Windows 11 build 22000.348 Preview improvements and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
- Experts address Appx PowerShell cmdlet functionality problem on PowerShell 7.1 and later.
- They address bad image error message dialog shown at startup.
- 22/11/2021 non-security optional patch addresses the searchindexer.exe stop responding problem that happens during a dismount operation in the remote desktop environment.
- The rollout Addresses an issue that affects the opening of the exe process.
- With the effect of this patch, the version adds the support for the cancellation of daylight savings time viz DST for the Republic of Fiji for 2021.
- The LCU addresses certain processors that stop responding when waking from hibernation.
- Furthermore, Windows 11 build 22000.348 version addressed the calling process that stops working because of a COM initialization problem in wslapi.dll.
- Experts in the team address Windows Subsystem for Linux VM occasionally time out when attaching disks in the Hyper-V virtual machine bus aka VMBus. This issue also prevents the utility from starting.
- The patch addresses System Memory Management Unit’s viz SMMU fault handling after hibernation.
- Also, the non-security update addresses the system stops working problem that occurs after enabling Hyper-V.
- The rollout addresses Group Policy objects that cannot be automatically applied at startup or in the background to devices on a domain that has certain processors.
- Experts in the team address Server Manager cmdlet that returns a failure. Consequently, many Software Defined Data Center aka SDDC validations fail in the middle of the installation of optional features.
- The new version adds the option to configure an IPv4 maximum transmission unit i.e. MTU that is less than 576 bytes on an interface.
- LCU 21/11/2021 addresses get-winevent that fails and throws the error InvalidOperationException.
- The LCU addresses some variable fonts incorrectly rendering problem.
- Cumulative update preview for Windows 11 addresses glyphs that appear at the wrong angle when using the Meiryo UI font and other vertical fonts. These fonts are repeatedly used in China, Japan or other countries in Asia.
- The version facilitates certain cross-browser data transfers.
- KB5007262 Addresses dialog that is opened within Internet Explorer (IE).
- Furthermore, the patch addresses Internet Explorer COM automation scenarios problems. To see the details, go to – Internet Explorer 11 desktop app retirement FAQ.
- Windows 11 version addresses Internet Explorer stop working problem that occurs when you copy and paste text while using IME.
- Also, it addresses certain apps that stop responding to input. The devices having touchpad encounter this issue.
- The optional update 21/11/2021 addresses a touch keyboard deployment problem that affects WebView2 controls in Windows UI Library 3.0 apps.
- This LCU patch addresses a memory leak in ctfmon.exe. This problem occurs during switching between different edit clients.
- The rollout updates the phone number for Windows Activation for locales.
- Cumulative update addresses a known issue related to Printnightmare vulnerability that causes error codes 0x00000709, 0x000006e4, or 0x0000007c that occur whenever connecting to a remote printer that is shared on a Windows print server.
- Also, this rollout addresses USB Print devices that support Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) Over USB problem. USB Printers can not be completely installed due to this issue.
- KB5007262 addresses certain USB Print installers’ reports that they don’t detect the printer after being plugged in.
- Windows experts address an issue that might improperly redirect Operative System functionality when you invoke microsoft-edge: links.
- Professionals of the Windows team address the Windows audio system that might cause the audiodg.exe process to stop working, ending in a temporary loss of audio.
- They address Software-Defined Networking aka SDN virtual machines not working problem that occurs when you configure the Generic Routing Encapsulation viz GRE VPN bandwidth limitation.
- KB addresses GetCommandLineA() return value that would be in lowercase in some developer scenarios.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.348 Build 22000.348 addresses a Primary Refresh Token aka PRT update issue that occurs when Virtual Private Network users sign in using Windows Hello for Business when the VPN connection is offline. Users encounter unexpected authentication prompts for online resources that are configured for user sign-in frequency aka SIF in Azure Active Directory-Conditional Access.
- The LCU Patch adds the message that specifies that an organization’s policy manages the user’s location privacy settings. This message shows up when the privacy settings are managed by the Group Policy documented in Manage connections from Windows 10 and Windows 11 components to Microsoft services.
- Experts in the team address Fast Identity Online 2.0 aka FIDO2 credential provider and prevent the display of the PIN entry box.
- Furthermore, they address Windows Defender Application Control aka WDAC to incorrectly compare two file version numbers.
- The team enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability so that it can identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- November non-security cumulative update addresses Windows Mixed Reality that starts when you put on a headset. This problem takes place even when you’ve disabled the choice Start Mixed Reality Portal when my headset’s presence sensor detects that I’m wearing it.
- The 21/11/2021 LCU rollout addresses an audio distortion issue that affects Xbox One and Xbox Series Audio peripherals and occurs when you use them with spatial audio.
- The version Windows 11 Build 22000.348 addresses the AltGr key that stops working if a remote desktop client is running or if RemoteApp was disconnected.
- LCU Patch addresses the edit button and the battery icon in Quick Settings which intermittently disappear.
- Experts in the Windows team address the Focus Assist button in the notification area. This CU provides an accessible name for screen readers.
- Updates several aspects of Windows emoji. As part of iterative and ongoing work, we have made the following improvements for this release:
- The LCU patch makes changes to all emoji from the Segoe UI Emoji font to the Fluent 2D emoji style.
- Furthermore, it Includes support for Emoji version 13.1, which:
- Updates the emoji dictionary.
- Makes it possible to search for Emoji 13.1 in all supported languages.
- Updates the Emoji and more panels so you can enter emoji in your applications.
- The rollout addresses the display of the number of unread notifications problems. Actually, some numbers don’t show up in the center of the circle in the notification area.
- Experts in the team address the Start menu when you install appearance when a large number of apps are installed and the screen resolution is changed. The icons of the apps are missing there. This rollout might also improve the reliability of the Start menu when you use secondary monitors in mixed resolution scenarios.
- The version addresses flickering that occurs when hovering over icons on the taskbar. This problem may also occur when you’ve applied a high contrast theme.
- Cumulative update addresses keyboard focus rectangle becomes invisible problem that occurs when using Task View, Alt-Tab, or Snap Assist under certain conditions.
- Furthermore, the “C” release patch addresses an issue that affects apps that provide context (shortcut) menu items in File Explorer and desktop context menu. This problem happens if these apps utilize Directory or Directory or Background registrations.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.348 addresses Serbian (Latin) Windows display language is automatically removed problem.
- KB5007262 LCU addresses the incorrect background for the iFLY Simplified Chinese IME icon that appears in the notification area.
- This 21/11/2021 rollout addresses an empty space on the bottom of the Touch keyboard that appears when you close the keyboard while the Suggestion UI is expanded.
- Experts address reliability problems that prevent the display of File Explorer and desktop shortcut menus. This issue frequently happens when you select to use a single click to open an item.
- Windows 11 17763.2330 adds a choice for you to select whether to automatically enable Focus Assist for the first hour after a feature update.
- This version makes the animation performance of icons better located on the taskbar.
- LCU 21/11/2021 addresses volume control problem that affect Bluetooth audio devices.
- The rollout addresses File Explorer stops working after closing a File Explorer window.
- LCU 21/11/2021 addresses incorrect closed-caption shadows that appear for some videos.
- The experts in the team address an issue that occurs when you run a 32-bit application on a 64-bit version of Windows 11. When you call NetServerEnum (), it might return error 1231 or error 87.
- The non-security optional patch addresses starting up and unresponsiveness problems that occur because of licensing API calls.
- Furthermore, the rollout addresses flash drives, such as SD cards, and certain USB drives not showing in the Defragment and Optimize Drives UI problem.
- Experts in the Windows team address NTFS problem that occurs when you enable the update sequence number aka USN journal. NTFS carries out unnecessary actions each time it performs a write operation, which affects I/O performance.
- The new version Windows 11 22000.348 aka KB5007262 enables onunload events in order to create pop-up windows in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode.
- The LCU will name Accessibility replacing Ease of access.
- Experts in the team address an issue that affects Microsoft Narrator users when they select Braille options in Settings.
- They change the screen color to blue when a system crash occurs or a stop error appears like in previous versions of Windows.
- The experts address some app icons in the Start menu All apps list to be cut off on the bottom after changing the screen resolution.
- They address a reliability problem on the lock screen that exerts influence on the rendering of the network status text.
- Windows 11 22000.348 viz KB5007262 addresses the Windows Update History page in the Settings app that will show a summary count of zero (0) updates per category when there are updates listed.
- Furthermore, the patch addresses Windows Network File System aka NFS client that might prevent you from renaming a file after mounting an NFS share. This problem happens when you rename the file using File Explorer but the same does not occur if you rename the file using command line.
- The LCU Addresses an issue that might cause a stop error in sys when you delete a volume.
- Last but not least, the 21/11/2021 LCU addresses a known issue that might prevent apps, for instance, Kaspersky apps, from opening after you attempt to repair or update the apps using the Microsoft Installer (MSI).
No known issue is found in this update until now.
How to download Windows 11 build 22000.348 KB5007262 and install
Follow any of the below methods –
1] Using Automatic update
- Press – Win+Q.
- Type – updates.
- Click on- Check for updates.
- Let the patch download and after completion click on – Restart now.
2] Through the manual method
- Click Windows 11 build 22000.348 KB5007262 direct download link –
- Find the file appropriate for your system bit (x64 and ARM64).
- Click the – Download.
- Right-click on the downloaded MSU file and follow the guidelines on the screen to finish the installation.