A Canary channel of Windows 11 Insider build arrived with new Outlook, modernized File Explorer Home, address bar, passwordless feature never combined mode on the taskbar, and improvements and bug fixes for Graphics, and ASUS motherboards. The update is Windows 11 Build 25915 which also resolved network connectivity loss in Ethernet-connected devices.
Full name of this release is “Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25915.1000 (rs_prerelease)”. Let’s look at what is new in this update:
Canary channel Windows 11 Build 25915.1000 changes, bug fixes, and improvements
Here is the changelog:
New features from the Dev Channel
This build includes new features from the Dev Channel, such as modernized File Explorer Home, Address Bar, and Details Pane, passwordless improvements (passkey), never combined mode on the taskbar, and more.
The New Outlook for Windows is now an inbox app
Introducing the latest build, the Outlook for Windows Preview transforms into a versatile inbox app, catering to a seamless email experience. By incorporating the new Outlook for Windows, users gain the ability to integrate both work and personal emails, calendars, and contacts into a single, secure platform. Discover the exciting features of the updated Outlook for Windows here, while also staying up-to-date with the latest set of updates for Insiders here. Want to explore the future of Mail and Calendar in Windows? Simply click here for more details.
Changes and Improvements
- The latest enhancement focuses on the refresh rate logic, granting the flexibility to set distinct refresh rates for individual monitors based on the content displayed. With this improvement, users can now seamlessly engage in refresh rate-dependent multitasking scenarios, such as simultaneously playing a game and watching a video on separate monitors.
- When you have both Dynamic Refresh Rate (DRR) and Battery saver activated, Windows will maintain the lower refresh rate without switching to the higher rate until you disable Battery saver. The higher refresh rate will only be engaged after the Battery saver mode is turned off.
Fixes for known issues
- The problem affecting certain Windows Insiders in the Canary Channel using ASUS devices or PCs with ASUS motherboards has been successfully resolved. As a result, these affected Insiders can expect to receive the respective flight update to address the issue.
- With the installation of this build, Ethernet-connected devices will no longer experience network connectivity loss.
Prepare for the upcoming August 2023 Bug Bash, commencing on August 2nd, where we’ll be thoroughly testing the latest features from preview builds across the Canary, Dev, and Beta Channels. Keep an eye out for further information in the flight blog posts scheduled for next week. Get ready to join in and help us squash those bugs!
Windows 11 Build 25915 download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso (when ready)
How to download Windows 11 Build 25915 and install
- Click on Start and type updates.
- Press Enter and launch Settings of the concerned page.
- Select Check for updates.
Source: Windows blog.