Beta channel of Windows 11 Insider (22H2) has received a non-security update with fixes for Searchindexer.exe and deadlock issues. KB5022358 is the LCU that brings Windows 11 Build 22623.1245 and Build 22621.1245.
Full name of this release is – Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22623.1245 (KB5022358). Let’s see what is new in this update:
KB5022358 Windows 11 Build 22621.1245 and 22623.1245 changes, improvements, and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
Snipping Tool added Screen recording
The deliverance has started pushing screen recording in Snipping Tool to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel (version 11.2212.24.0). Furthermore, the tool added the ability to pause while recording and you should see improved performance and reliability.
Bug Fixes in Windows 11 Build 22623.1245
Taskbar & System Tray
- KB5022358 LCU fixed a high-hitting ShellExperienceHost crash related to interacting with Quick Settings.
- Windows 11 beta channel Build 22623.1245 solved a few problems causing Task Manager crashes.
- Now onwards, you will no longer have to make Task Manager be as wide before the navigation pane appears.
- If text scaling has been amplified, the search box should not overlap with the title bar text anymore.
- The rollout made some tweaks to address cases where text in dialogs was getting cut off when text scaling was increased.
- KB5022358 CU fixes a problem where certain parts of the title bar couldn’t be used to drag the window.
Fixes for Windows 11 Build 22623.1245 & Build 22621.1245
- You will witness changes in the preview .NET Framework updates. After you installed this update, all future preview (optional) .NET Framework updates would be shown on Settings => Windows Update => Advanced options => Optional updates. On that page, you could manage which optional updates you wanted to install.
- Experts in the team fixed an issue that affected the ReFS in the beta channel build. The problem gives rise to high nonpaged pool usage, which depleted system memory.
- KB5022358 solved a problem with copying from a network to a local drive. Copying was more sluggish than expected for some users. See – Fix Slow Performance when Copying Multi GB File in Windows 11 22H2 Error.
- The expert’s team fixed Windows Server 2022 domain controllers (DC) stops responding. This happened when they processed Lightweight Directory Access Protocol aka LDAP requests.
- They solved a problem that affected a Group Policy for Expanded Toasts.
- Windows 11 build 22623.1245 and 22621.1245 fixed an issue that might have happened when the Input Method Editor aka IME was active. Apps might have stopped responding when you used the mouse and keyboard altogether.
- These builds fixed a problem with conhost.exe. The executable stopped responding.
- KB5022358 LCU fixed a resource conflict issue between two or more threads aka deadlock. This deadlock affected COM+ apps.
- This cumulative update fixed a problem that affected devices that are subject to Microsoft Exploit Protection Export Address Filtering means EAF. Some apps didn’t open or stopped responding. These included Adobe Reader and Microsoft Office.
- Windows 11 build 22623.1245 and 22621.1245 fixed searching for a file based on the file’s contents does not work.
- The experts in the beta team fixed an issue that affected searchindexer.exe. This issue randomly stopped you from signing out or out.
- KB5022358 LCU fixed an issue that might have happened when you converted or reconverted Japanese Kanji using a multibyte character set (MBCS) app. The cursor might have moved to the incorrect location when you typed.
- The experts in the team changed the method to enable the Windows diagnostic data processor configuration in preparation for EU Data Boundary.
- They fixed a problem with mstsc.exe. The executable file stopped responding while connecting to a Desktop Connection and RemoteApp.
- Windows 11 build 22623.1245 and 22621.1245 fixed a problem with FindWindowEx() FindWindow(). They might have returned the wrong window handle.
- The updates fixed a problem with the picture files you found using search on the taskbar. This problem stopped you from opening those pictures.
- Finally, the update problem with applications that used Microsoft Edge WebView2 to show content. Apps that used WebView2 comprised Widgets app and Microsoft Office. The content might have appeared vacant or greyed out.
KB5022358 Download links:
- x64.cab – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/5UzoMm2n#file
- x64.psf – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/iozosPtU#file
- SSU-22621.1245-x64.cab – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/B1zIMMnz#file
- ARM64cab – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/6eTIsWu2#file
- ARM64.psf – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/OjzoM2ch#file
- SSU-22621.1245-arm64.cab – https://my.hidrive.com/lnk/R8TIsFOA#file
Source – Windows blog.