RP channel of Windows 11 Insider has obtained a new build with a moderate number of bug fixes and improvements (22/03/2023). KB5023778 is the LCU that increases version 22H2 to build 22621.1483. Highlights of this Windows update are notifications for Microsoft accounts in the Start menu, Search bar having Bing chat experience, and bug fixes for combo boxes. Narrator, WinRM, SCEP, etc.
Full name of this release is ‘2023-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023778)’ where x64 can be ARM64 as per device’s architecture. See what is new in this build:
KB5023778 Windows 11 Build 22621.1483 22H2 improvements and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
Changes and fixes (New)
- Introducing notifications for Microsoft accounts in the Start menu, which is currently available to a small audience and will be rolled out more broadly in the coming months. Some devices may have different visual treatments as we gather feedback.
- KB5023778 LCU brings search box on the taskbar with a button to open the Bing chat experience in Microsoft Edge, available once you have access to the new Bing. In case, you don’t have access, the search box on the taskbar will feature a dynamic search highlight button.
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has been updated with numerous new features and improvements with this rollout. For more knowledge, please see Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- The search box on the taskbar will now be lighter when you set Windows to a custom color mode, i.e., when you set the Windows mode to dark and the app mode to light in Settings > Personalization > Colors.
Moreover, this update addresses several issues, including:
- The combo box in Settings not showing all available options.
- Microsoft PowerPoint stopping to respond when using accessibility tools.
- Microsoft Narrator is unable to read items in dropdown list in the Microsoft Excel application.
- USB printers are classified as multimedia devices even though they are not.
- Complexity policy settings for PINs are being ignored.
- In KB5023778 Windows 11 Build 22621.1483 (22H2), The Fast Identity Online 2.0 aka FIDO2 PIN credential icon not appearing on the credentials screen of an external monitor attached to a closed laptop.
- A Clustered Shared Volume (CSV) fails to come online if you enable BitLocker and local CSV managed protectors, and the system recently rotated the BitLocker keys.
- Active Directory Users & Computers stopping to respond when using TaskPad view to enable or disable many objects simultaneously.
- RP channel rollout addresses The Remote Procedure Call Service (rpcss.exe) causing a race condition between the Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) and the Microsoft Remote Procedure Call (RPC) endpoint mapper.
- Windows Search failing inside of Windows container images.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 being added to the list of protocols that can be set in the Group Policy Editor.
- Support for the Arab Republic of Egypt’s daylight saving time (DST) change order for 2023.
- Addition of ITracker and ITrackingService to jscript9Legacy.dll to stop MHTML from not responding.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.1483 (22H2) addresses Microsoft HTML Application Host (HTA) blocking code execution that uses Microsoft HTA when Windows Defender Application Control aka WDAC User Mode Code Integrity (UMCI) enforced mode is turned on.
- On KB5023778, a scripting error in the Group Policy Preferences window in the Group Policy Management Console being addressed. See – How to Fix Script Error bug in Windows 11 22H2.
- The Windows Remote Management (WinRM) client returning an HTTP server error status (500) when running a transfer job in the Storage Migration Service.
- RP channel release addressed Desired State Configuration losing its previously configured options if metaconfig.mof is missing.
- Furthermore, the LCU addressed the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) option 119 – Domain Search Option stopping you from using a connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List.
- A rare issue causing an input destination to be null when attempting to convert a physical point to a logical point during hit testing. This issue might result in the computer raising a stop error.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.1483 (22H2) addressed the system reporting some Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) certificate installations as failed instead of pending.
- An issue that stops an application from querying for location information using MBIM2.0+ in the new Windows Runtime aka WinRT API.
- Finally, a known issue affecting kiosk device profiles where automatic logon might not work after Autopilot completes provisioning, causing these devices to stay.
KB5023778 Download Links