Windows 10 22H2, 21H2, and 20H2 received an update on 21/03/2023 to improve Setup binaries. KB5023847 is the update that also makes improvements in any files that Setup utilizes for feature updates in the aforesaid versions. Currently, this is exclusively available on the Microsoft Update Catalog, but it can be imported into WSUS after download.
Full name of this release is 2023-03 Dynamic Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023847) where x64 can vary to be installed on devices having different processor architectures such as x86 and ARM64. See – KB4557956 Dynamic / Compatibility update Windows 10 2004. Let’s look at what is new in this:
KB5023847 Windows 10 Setup Dynamic update for22H2, 21H2, and 21H1
Here is the summary:
- This update makes improvements to Setup binaries or any files that Setup uses for feature updates in Windows 10, version 20H2, 21H2, and 22H2.
KB5023847 will replace the previously released update KB5020377.
How to download this Setup Dynamic update and install
- Go to KB5023847 direct download link – Microsoft update catalog.
- Here you see 9 files; locate the one compatible with your computer and click on Download.
- Select the cab file from new window.
There are no prerequisites to apply this update.
You don’t have to restart your computer after you apply this update.
KB5023847 is applicable to the following versions
1] Windows 10 Enterprise and Education 20H2
2] Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 20H2
3] Windows 10 Home and Pro 21H2
4] Windows 10 Enterprise and Education 21H2
5] Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 21H2
6] Windows 10 Home and Pro 22H2
7] Windows 10 Enterprise Multi-Session 22H2
8] Windows 10 Enterprise and Education 22H2
9] Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 22H2
- On December 14, 2021, Windows 10 version 2004’s servicing ended so it is advised that users update to the latest version of Windows 10 to receive continued security and quality updates.
- For devices using Home, Pro, Pro Education, or Pro for Workstations editions, Windows 10 version 20H2’s servicing ended on May 10, 2022. The Enterprise, Education, and IoT Enterprise editions of Windows 10 version 20H2 will end on May 9, 2023. To obtain continued security and quality updates, upgrading to the most recent version of Windows 10 is recommended.
- Windows 10 version 21H1’s servicing ended on 13/23/2022, for all editions. and to remain supported, the company suggests updating to the latest version.
- On 09/08/2022, Windows Server version 20H2’s servicing ended, therefore, to continue receiving security and quality updates, it is recommended that users upgrade to the latest version of Windows Server.
Source: Release note.