RP Channel has received a new update having 2 new features and several improvements and bug fixes. These include improvements in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, DWM, Input Method Editor and bug fixes for Narrator, Microsoft Intune push notifications, scheduled monthly task, msftconnecttext.net, Spooler service, and more. KB5027292 is the Cumulative update that changes the version to Windows 11 Build 22000.2121.
Full name of this release is “2023-06 Preview Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5027292)”. See: Windows 11 KB5026446 Build 22621.1778 Preview Update is available to download.
KB5027292 Windows 11 Build 22000.2121 improvements, changes and bug fixes
Here is the changelog:
- New! KB5027292 LCU adds many new features and improvements to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. For more details, navigate to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- New! Windows 11 Build 22000.2121 RP Channel improves several simplified Chinese fonts and the Microsoft Pinyin IME aka Input Method Editor (IME) to support GB18030-2022. You have the ability to input and exhibit characters conforming to levels 1 or 2 by utilizing the enhancements made to Microsoft Yahei, Simsun, and Dengxian fonts. In this latest update, the Simsun Ext-B font now includes support for Unicode Extensions E and F, thereby satisfying the criteria for level 3 compliance.
- This roll out addresses a problem with Narrator that obstructs it from keeping your scan mode when you switch between browsers.
- The LCU addresses Microsoft Intune push notifications that stop devices that have less than 3.5 GB of RAM from getting them.
- This build addresses an OSK problem that stops it from opening after you lock the machine.
- KB5027292 RP channel addresses the Narrator that reads the wrong state when you cancel the selection of an option button you have selected.
- This update addresses a scheduled monthly task that might not run on time if the next occurrence happens when DST occurs.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.2121 addresses an issue that affects certain applications that use IDBObjectStore. Because of this, they do not function in Microsoft Edge and IE mode.
- KB5027292 RP channel update addresses the registry settings under the Policies paths that might be deleted. This situation arises when the local temporary user policy file is not renamed during the processing of Group Policy.
- This release improves the reliability of the DWM aka Desktop Window Manager.
- Because of a problem with .msi files, a minor update is not installed. This happens when you use the EnterpriseDesktopAppManagement CSP to distribute the .msi file.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.2121 Release Preview addresses a problem with “msftconnecttext.net”. It gets extreme HTTP traffic.
- This rollout addresses an issue that affects the Spooler service which stops working. This problem is likely to happen when you print using a certain workspace.
- This RP channel release addresses Network Protector for BitLocker that will not resume after it has been suspended.
- KB5027292 addresses tib.sys driver not loading problem that occurs when HyperVisor-protected Code Integrity (HVCI) is enabled.
- This update addresses TextInputHost.exe stops working problem.
- Furthermore, this update addresses Azure Virtual Desktop and Windows 365 might not display the right location for a Remote Desktop session in virtual machine or Cloud PC.
- Windows 11 Build 22000.2121 RP channel addresses an issue that affects “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell” Folders. After installing this build, you can now onwards set and maintain the correct default permissions for this directory path. When the permissions are incorrect, Azure Active Directory or Azure AD, search, and start authentication fails.
- Finally, the LCU addresses an issue that affects those who enable the Smart Card is Required for Interactive Logon account option. The authentication to Remote Desktop Services farms fails when When RC4 is disabled. The error message shown is, An authentication error has occurred. The requested encryption type is not supported by the KDC.
KB5027292 Download link – https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
Source: Windows blog.