Beta channel of Windows 11 Insider is going to receive a new build with significant bug fixes and improvements. KB5028251 is the cumulative update that will increase the version to 22631.2115 and 22621.2115. 22631.2115 is enabled to get new features and 22621.2115 is enabled for the same.
Full name of the release is Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview (10.0.22631.2115) (KB5028251). See: Windows 11 KB5028247 Beta Channel Insider with Store AI Hub to 23H2. Let’s look at what is new in this rollout.
KB5028251 Windows 11 22631.2115 and 22621.2115 Beta Channel Insider improvements, bug fixes, and changes
Here is the changelog:
Changes, Improvements, and bug fixes
- Handwriting Software Input Panel (SIP), Handwriting Engine, and Handwriting Embedded Inking Control now support GB18030-2022 conformance level 2, meeting the level 3 requirements.
- Text edit controls in XAML have been optimized, but be aware that they become read-only after editing once, especially when using the new Microsoft Input Method Editor for Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
- The Windows Kernel Vulnerable Driver Blocklist, DriverSiPolicy.p7b, has been updated to protect against Bring Your Own Vulnerable Driver (BYOVD) attacks by adding at-risk drivers to the blocklist.
- An issue with certain CPUs reporting inconsistent L2 cache information has been resolved.
- For certain wireless wide area network (WWAN) devices, an annoying dialog asking to switch to embedded SIM (eSIM) after each restart, even if you choose “No,” has been fixed.
- An unexpected unloading of user mode printer drivers when printing from multiple print queues to the same printer driver has been addressed.
- Hybrid joined devices can now sign in even when not connected to the internet, specifically when using a Windows Hello for Business PIN or biometric credentials in a cloud trust deployment.
- Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) now properly handles unsigned policies, preventing them from being copied to the EFI disk partition reserved for signed policies.
- The “Disabled: Script Enforcement” option will no longer generate unnecessary audit events.
- Printing jobs won’t abruptly stop due to an unexpected Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) mode switch when using certain independent hardware vendor (IHV) drivers.
- Missing display and audio devices after resuming from sleep have been fixed.
- Hinting for some letters in the Verdana Pro font family has been improved.
- The MPSSV service no longer causes system restart issues with stop error code 0xEF.
- Brightness settings have been made more accurate.
- Windows Autopilot profiles now have a more resilient download process, with increased retry attempts for downloading profiles with possible network connection issues.
- I/O over Server Message Block (SMB) no longer fails when using the LZ77+Huffman compression algorithm.
- Narrator will now properly announce the “Change product key” label.
- The Windows Push Notification Services (WNS) have been made more reliable for client-server connections.
- An installation error caused by issues with the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository after improper device shutdown has been resolved.
- The Windows Notification Platform now better manages power usage.
- The Defender Firewall Profile now automatically switches from trusted LAN to public network as expected.
- Widgets will no longer unexpectedly unpin from the taskbar.
- Excessive Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) requests to the network gateway in VPNs on wireless mesh networks causing poor network performance have been resolved.
- A deadlock in Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) that caused servers with IPsec rules to stop responding has been fixed.
- Event Forwarding Subscriptions no longer forward unnecessary events when adding an Event Channel to the subscription.
- Country and Operator Settings Asset (COSA) profiles have been updated to their latest versions.
- A race condition causing the fastfat file system driver to stop responding has been addressed.
How to download KB5028251 and install it
- Click on Start from the taskbar and type updates.
- Press Enter to launch the Settings app with the concerned pages.
- Then click on Check for updates from the right panel.
KB5028251 download link: Official ISO (when ready).
Source: Windows blog.