Microsoft has just unveiled the biggest surprise ever; we have officially stepped into the new OS 11. However, some key requirements are required in order to run the brand new Windows 11. The biggest change in this next generation OS is, it only runs on 64-bit processors.
Users require a minimum of 9-inch display to have the Windows 11 which clearly indicates you cannot have this in smartphones possibly unless using a tablet/ phablets. However, some other system requirements need to be tallied beforehand to install this new OS and enjoy its amazing features. Check out the below and prepare your device to get ready for the big buzz. You can use Windows PC Health Checkup to ensure the requirements for laptop and desktop.
Windows 11 System Requirements
Here are the Windows 11 System Requirements [x64, x86] –
- The device in which Windows 11 will be installed should have a 64-bit processor. Also, the machine must possess a 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor or faster with 2 or more cores. It must be compatible with 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC) as well.
- Your device should have a RAM of minimum 4 gigabytes (GB) to install Windows 11.
- Minimum Required free space on the disk drive should be at least 64 GB (Gigabytes).
- New Windows 11 will be compatible with only DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- The device must have UEFI and obviously Secure Boot capable.
- In order to have Windows 11 in your device, you must have a minimum of 9-inch display diagonally with a High definition (720p) and 8 bits per color channel.
- Additionally, there must have stable internet connectivity in Windows 11 Home version in order to complete the setup for the first time. And of course, you have to get access to your Microsoft account for this purpose.
- Internet connection is required to download applications from Store and perform updates in Windows 11 in regard to take maximum advantage of some newly included features.
You can see the Requirements in the following table –
|Processor||1 GHz or faster with minimum 2 cores on a 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)|
|Storage||64 GB at least|
|System firmware||UEFI, Secure Boot capable|
|TPM||TPM version 2.0|
|Display Adapter||Supporting DirectX 12 or greater with WDDM 2.0 driver|
|Display||HD (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel|
|Internet connection and Microsoft accounts||Windows 11 Home requires access to internet and a
Microsoft account to perform device setup on first use.
Similarly, Switching a device out of Windows 11 Home in S mode
also requires internet access. See more about S mode here. For every Windows 11 edition, internet connectivity is required to compete updates and to download and use some features.
|DirectX 12 Ultimate||Compatible games and graphics chips|
|Client Hyper-V||Processor with SLAT capabilities|
|BitLocker to Go||USB flash drive|
|5G support||5G supporting modem|
|Cortana||Microphone and speaker|
|DirectStorage||Minimum 1 TB NVMe SSD to save and run games that uses the Standard NVM Express Controller driver and a DirectX 12 Ultimate GPU|
|Auto HDR||HDR monitor|
|Intelligent Video Conferencing||Microphone, Video camera, and speaker|
|Multiple Voice Assistant (MVA)||Speaker and microphone|
|Snap||1920 effective pixels or greater in width|
|Spatial Sound||Compatible hardware and software|
|Teams||Microphone, Video camera, and speaker|
|Wake on Voice||Modern Standby power model and microphone|
|Wi-Fi 6E||WLAN IHV hardware and driver and a Wi-Fi 6E capable AP/router|
|Windows Hello||camera SET for near-infrared (IR) imaging or fingerprint reader for biometric authentication|
|Windows Projection||Display adapter compatible with Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.|