These days usage of wireless internet device is increasing wide-spread. So, USB Dongle has become a necessary device to get access to the internet anytime for Internet users. Generally, USB Dongle is known with different words like USB modem or Data Card. This device lets you surf or access internet anyplace using your laptop or desktop. But sometimes you face a difficult situation when your data card hangs or doesn’t respond. There are various reasons that create Dongle issue on your system. In this regard, I am going to discuss how you can fix the issue so that a well operating Dongle may work easily to surf Internet.
How to Fix USB Modem or Dongle or Data Card Connection Problems
You insert your USB Dongle with the purpose to surf internet but not capable of browsing internet due to several connection problems. Many internet users have complained following reactions after coming across dongle issues.
- The interface of built-in connection software of the Data card doesn’t open
- USB Dongle doesn’t show the connected USB port
- Error in network connection
- USB Data Card doesn’t respond
- USB Data install but never start anything.
Fix issues with USB Dongle or USB Data Card
- At first, make sure that the SIM card is put correctly inside the data card SIM card slot.
- After plugging in USB Dongle, if it’s not recognized by your system then remove the dongle connection software and install again after rebooting the system. Next, try to plug-in the USB modem again. If the same issue continues then it denotes about USB driver problems. To solve these issues, go to device manager and update every USB device drivers.
- Confirm that your USB connection has not been disabled already and your USB port is working accurately. In this situation, you have a better option to plug the USB modem to another USB port on the system.
- When you click on Connect option on the USB modem connection software and you notice that the data card hangs unexpectedly. Actually outdated driver is the main reason behind hanging the USB card or modem on your computer.
- Then visit the manufacturer website of USB modem and find the latest update USB drive for the data card. If it is available then download and install the updated USB dongle drivers on your computer.
- In case, your USB dongle is not getting to connect Internet then confirm the status of network signals on your dongle interface.
- Once you have connected internet connection using Data card but unable to browse in your browser. Then your browser has changed in offline mode. To solve it, go to browser settings and disable the offline mode.
After trying out to Fix USB Modem or Dongle or Data Card Connection Problems using above tips, you can browse internet without any annoyance from next time.