Annoying issues are not going to relieve the Windows users as every day a new one remains waiting to be resolved. Errors related to Blue Screen, installation, .exe, drivers, .DLL, File System, etc are the nuisances you might also have experienced. Here, we are talking about another problem and this is .Net framework 3.5 error 0x80070422. This problem particularly prevents your PC from installing the .Net framework version 3.5.
The .Net Framework is an essential tool that provides a consistent programming model for developing an application. Many applications are built over this platform targeting a particular version that runs over your system. While version 4.5 and 4.6 come as default features on Windows 10 and 8.1, if you want to run an application that is developed on version 3.5, then you would need to install .Net Framework 3.5. Even the programs built on version 2.0 and 3.0 would require version 3.5 installed on your system. .Net framework Error code 0x80070422 refers to some anomalies in or some critical error in the framework itself. This may occur due to .Net Framework 3.5, corrupted system files, and/or broken setup. Fortunately, some methods help to resolve the error whatever the reason is – –
Net Framework 3.5 Installation Error 0x80070422
Here is How to fix Net Framework 3.5 Installation Error 0x80070422 in Windows 10 –
1] Enable .Net Framework
Sometimes, when the built-in .Net Framework is not enabled then the installation could crash with the error code 0x80070422. In order to rectify this, you need to enable it using the underneath instructions –
- Hit the – Win+S.
- Type – windows features.
- Press the – Enter.
- Select the box for – NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0).
- Also, fill the check box set before – NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services.
- Next, click the – OK.
- Lastly, Restart your computer and ensure the installation setup is working perfectly.
If you wish you can enable .net manually by DISM command then follow –
- Press the – Win+S.
- Type – cmd.
- Right-click the result.
- Choose the – “Run as administrator”.
- Type in the following command exactly as it is and hit – Enter –
Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:C:\ /LimitAccess
- Once the command runs and is executed entirely, you’ll receive a message saying “Operation Completed Successfully”.
- Finally, restart your PC after that and try reinstalling .net 3.5 and see if the error still comes up or not.
2] Check for Windows Pending Updates
Often Microsoft pushes updates with resolution for similar issues so before trying further fixes Check for updates. Moreover, the updates improve reliability and smoothness of the system so install them if one is pending. Follow the instructions for the same –
- Click the start and type – update.
- Press Enter to open “Windows Update Settings”.
- Now, click the – Check for Updates.
- If there will be any pending updates, your system will automatically download it.
- Click the – Install now.
- This process might take longer, be patient.
Once the process is finished, try installing .Net again and see if the error 0x80070422 still comes up.
3] Run System File checker to fix Fix .Net Framework 3.5 Installation Error 0x80070422
You might confront such Windows update failed issue with error code 0x80070422 due to corrupted kernel files. This sort of broken files could very easily be marked out by performing a System file Checker (SFC) scan.
In order to perform a smooth SFC scan follow the below-mentioned step by step process –
- Click the – Search.
- Type in – cmd.exe.
- Select the – Run as administrator.
- Next, click Yes when a User account control dialog appears.
- Type – SFC /scannow.
- Hit the – Enter.
- Let the scanning process reach 100%.
This would initiate the scanning process and it would look for any kind of damaged or corrupted file present on your system and flush it out. It may take a while before the process ends, so please be patient.
Once the operation is completed, exit the prompt and reboot the system and try updating your PC now and see if the error 0x80070422 is fixed.
4] Install .NET 3.5 using Microsoft’s package installer to fix 0x80070422
If the above 3 solutions don’t work out for you, you can download the .Net package offline installer directly from Microsoft’s website.
Here’re the guidelines to install the same using the .NET Framework 3.5 Package installer –
- Open Microsoft Edge and go to this link.
- Click the – Download on Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 page.
- Now go to where you save the package, right-click over it and select the – Run as administrator.
- Click Yes and allow any further User Account Control.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines until the installation is completed.
- Restart your PC to assimilate the changes.