Sometimes when you encounter a printer issue there may be 2 reasons – the printer itself or Windows 10. Here, the error 0x800f0223 appears because Play and plug service is not available on the remote machine. Therefore, you need to address the issues coming out from the OS and resolve them accordingly.
This printer glitch commonly occurs due to the status of a Service (the name is said), conflict between files, and a configuration in Devices settings. Many times, compatibility is a prominent cause and the stale printer app does not support the latest Windows. Furthermore, the cables and the integrity of the hardware of your machine might not be up to mark so check this on your own.
0x800f0223 Operation could not be completed printer error in Windows 10
Here is how to fix Printer Error 0x800f0223 Operation could not be completed in Windows 10 –
1] Modify Play and plug service
The error message clearly shows that Play and plug service is not available on the remote machine. Obviously, you should start the service on first hand and set the status to automatic to make the printer errorless.
- Click the Start icon located on the taskbar,
- Type – services.msc.
- Press the – Enter.
- Scroll down and locate – Plug and Play.
- Right click on this service and select – Properties.
- Next, click the dropdown for – Startup type.
- Select – Automatic.
- Now, click – Start.
Try to install the printer and check if the error is resolved.
2] Install the printer software in safe mode
Every printer provides an app the helps the machine to run on Windows but when the error occurs there is a chance of conflict between an existing software and printer software. You find Error 0x800f0223; this means anything is obstructing the installation of the printer software on computer. When you boot into safe mode all third party apps and drivers become inactive as the configuration doesn’t allow loading them. Therefore the conflict will stop and the software will be installed successfully.
- Press – Windows key.
- Type – Advanced startup.
- Click – Restart now.
- From the next screen, choose – Troubleshoot.
- Select – Startup Settings.
- Click – Restart.
- Hit – F5 function key of the keyboard as this is assigned to Safe Mode with Networking.
- Now run the printer software setup file and try to install it on your PC.
3] Install the printer with compatibility settings
Many companies don’t update to make printer compatible with the latest Windows version while Microsoft dynamically and aggressively pushes patches and builds. Hence, your printer might not be compatible and causing malfunction on the system failing installation. Make sure that the software is the latest version and then pursue the instructions below –
- Right click the Setup file and choose – Properties.
- Check the box for – Run this program in compatibility mode for:.
- Click the dropdown and select any previous version where the software could be installed properly.
- Select the box for – Run this program as an administrator .
- Click – Appy and then – OK.
- Follow the further instructions coming out on the screen until the software is installed.
4] Remove all old printers to fix Error 0x800f0223 Operation could not be completed
If you already added printers the settings will save the machine but this might create clash with the current software. Fortuitously, Windows 10 includes a capable setting to remove the printing equipment easily. See the guidelines –
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Click – Devices.
- Select – Printers & Scanners.
- Go to the right and click the Items under Printers & scanners.
- Finally, click – Remove device.