StartAllBack provides enhanced experience of Taskbar and File Manager but some users are facing trouble when using this app. Actually, after installing this program, they are stuck on a screen showing “Hold Escape key to prevent StartAllBack from loading” at startup. After pressing the Esc continuously for at least 30 seconds the computer boots to the desktop. Sometimes, even after uninstalling the program, the problematic error continues to appear. If you are also this app’s user and encounter an error screen when booting up your computer this post will help.
Hold Escape key to prevent StartAllBack from loading error commonly occurs because of bugs in the software. Apart from this, conflicts of the software with system components, malware, and leftover of the program may be the culprits. Thankfully, you can solve this issue by following the methods ahead.
Table of Contents
Hold Escape key to prevent StartAllBack from loading
Here is how to fix Hold Escape key to prevent StartAllBack from loading in Windows:
Update StartAllBack software to the latest version
The existing version might have bugs as this is a general complaint of users. However, the company has released an update to deal with this StartAllBack issue and all you need is to install this using the following steps:
- Launch StartAllBack from start menu or desktop.
- Click on About from the left panel.
- Select Check for updates.
- If the problem continues, you can check by disabling the program through “StartAllBack configuration > Advanced > Disable program for current user”.
Uninstall the Program
Several times, the error is not fixed by updating the program and the only solution left is removal. Hence, uninstall the StartAllBack app and delete its traces from startup folder.
- Press Winkey + R and type appwiz.cpl.
- Click on OK to launch the Programs and Features window.
- Right-click on StartAllBack from the list and select Uninstall.
- Confirm the prompt by clicking Yes. If the program is still not removed then go to “Settings > Apps > Installed apps > StartAllBack > 3 dots > Uninstall”.
- Press the Windows and R keys. Type shell:startup and hit “Enter”.
- Delete StartAllBack from the folder.
- In the same way, go to shell:common startup folder and delete the “StartAllBack”.
- Restart your computer and check if the message is gone.
Run System file checker and DISM utilities
Conflicts between system files and StartAllBack program are also a possible cause of triggering “Hold Escape key to prevent StartAllBack from loading” on the startup screen in Windows 11 or 10.
Furthermore, problems with Windows image and environment can affect the app’s working. Fortunately, SFC and DISM are the tools that deal with these scenarios and help you get rid of them so head to the steps:
- Click on Start and type cmd.exe.
- Select the option “Run as administrator”.
- Once the Command Prompt appears, type the syntax
- Press Enter to start the scanning, verification, and repairing and stay until these are completed.
- Restart the computer and see if the error is fixed now. However, if the StartAllBack message is still showing on the screen you will need to run the DISM tool. For this, once more launch the elevated command prompt.
- Copy-paste the below-written commands and press Enter sequentially:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After completion, reboot the device.
Execute Clean Start
Because Clean Start does not allow third-party services and programs to load, this method will prevent StartAllBack from working on Windows. Consequently, the error screen will vanish when starting up computer and it will be directly booted to desktop. Therefore, move forward to:
- Press Winkey and type MSConfig.
- Switch to the “Services” tab.
- Then, select the checkbox located before Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on button Disable all.
- Now move to tab Startup.
- Click on Open Task Manager link.
- Using Task Manager, you need to disable all startup programs. So, right-click on each item there one by one and select Disable every time.
- Close the program and return back System Configuration. Click on Apply then OK.
- Once a popup appears, select Restart.
Run a full scan using Windows Defender
Malware is a common reason for the error where a certain file loads suddenly and unexpectedly. So, we suggest running a full scan of the built-in security tool Windows Defender to kill the threat or suspicious activity on your computer to fix Hold Escape key to prevent StartAllBack from loading error.
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to the left panel and choose “Privacy & security”.
- From the right, click on Windows Security.
- Move a little down and select Virus & threat protection.
- Click the link “Scan options”.
- Check the option Full scan
- Finally, click on “Scan now”.
- After the process is finished, follow the recommendations and delete or quarantine the threats if detected.
- Restart your computer and now the issue should be solved.