To make any change in a website Control Panel or c Panel is the best medium. Some Blogger uses Filezilla or other FTP software. You may also use it. But in both ways you will need to change permission first. So At first I am trying to make you understand how to change permission in c Panel.
How to Change Permission in c Panel to Edit files in Theme Editor:
- Log in to your Control Panel.
- Now click file manager.
- In file manager go to public_html and click it.
- Many options will be opened below this public_html. But you have to touch only wp-content. Click on wp-content.
- Below wp-content some options like Plugin, Theme, and image will appear. Now click on Theme.
- Two options below this is present – Theme name and image. Click on theme Name whatever the name of your theme.
- Now see on the right side of your File manager. Many files with .php and some others files will be appeared. select all files having .php. Click right on selected items.
- A menu will be appeared in which there are many options like Download, View, Edit, Code Edit, Move, Copy, Rename Chang permissions, Delete, Compress. Click on change permissions. Now you can edit files in theme editor.
1. Log in c Panel,
2. Make a Click on File Manager,
3. In File Manger Click ob public_html,
4. In right side of File Manager, click on wp-content,
5. Now click on themes,
6. Next click on your theme named folder, whatever you theme is,
7. All files in your theme is present here. Select all files ending with .php,
8. Make a right click on selected files. A drop-down menu is opened,
9. Click on permission option in drop-down menu.
Now after changing permission number you will be able to edit your files through theme editor.