An update is available for the graphics driver for the Arc and Iris Xe released by Intel. The driver version is 220.127.116.1100 and it is in the category of non-WHQL. This update supports Ghostrunner 2 (recommended with DX 12), Alan Wake 2, Cities: Skylines 2, and WRC and improves game performance up to 34%.
However, the update brought some known issues such as sporadic application crashes in Ghostrunner 2 (DX11), glitches in Total War: PHARAOH (DX11), and Starfield (DX12). Furthermore, crashes in Halo Infinite (DX12) and Dead by Daylight (DX11), and certain errors in Topaz Video AI video enhancement models are also found to occur after installing this version.
Intel Graphics Driver 18.104.22.16800 Non-WHQL changes and known issues
Highlights about gaming
In order to get the gaming experience at super level, it is advised to launch the Ghostrunner 2 game using the DirectX 12 option. This driver supports Ghostrunner 2, Alan Wake 2, WRC, and Cities: Skylines 2.
Comparison of Game performance improvements between Intel 22.214.171.12400 and 126.96.36.19987:
Alan Wake 2 (DX12)
- Maximum 20% average FPS uplift at 1080p with High settings
- Up to 22% average FPS uplift at 1440p with Medium settings
Cities: Skylines 2 (DX11)
- Maximum 34% average FPS uplift at 1080p with High settings
- Up to 26% average FPS uplift at 1440p with Medium setting
- Ghostrunner 2 (DX11) may experience sporadic application crashes during gameplay.
- Total War: PHARAOH (DX11) may experience glitches on certain screens after changing the in-game resolution.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit glitches when using dynamic resolution scaling. A workaround is to change the value of the Render Resolution Scale slider.
- In the Halo Infinite (DX12) campaign, some system configurations may cause the application to crash.
- Dead by Daylight (DX11) can cause a program crash during the game.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some video enhancement models.
Intel Iris Xe Max
Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A successful installation may require a system restart and graphics driver reinstallation.