Tuesday patches are released on December 10, 2019, and KB4530717 Update for Windows 10 1803 17134.1184 is one of them. It includes updates to enhance security when using external devices, and also when Windows perform its regular functions. Though it addresses a Microsoft Store problem, it also has some known issues that the team will resolve in the upcoming release. So, go ahead to the below section of this article and explore all the information that this package carries forward for its users.
KB4530717 Update for Windows 10 1803
Here is the list of key enhancements, fixes, and changes that KB4530717 Update for Windows 10 1803 is offering you –
- It provides updates that develop security when Windows accomplish basic functions.
- Updates are also there in this patch to improvise security when using external devices. For example, web cameras and game controllers.
- The roll-out of KB4530717 deals with the problem in which the Microsoft Store may fail to launch on Windows on Arm.
- Security updates to several categories like Windows Server, Windows Kernel, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Peripherals are there in this patch.
There might be errors on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV). While doing operations like renaming on these items may fir up an error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. However, this is likely to happen when you carry out the task on a CSV owner node from a process that does not contain admin rights.
Perform one of the below solutions –
- Carry out the task from a process that holds all admin authorities.
- Do the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership.
The team is working on a resolution and the same will be updated in the upcoming releases.
You may encounter complications while creating a local user account. The difficulty occurs during the Out of Box Experience (in short OOBE) when setting up a new Windows device. It happens in Input Method Editor (IME) and affects the devices using Chinese, Korean, and Japanese languages.
Note – During OOBE, if you are using Microsoft Account, you will not be affected.
As a possible resolution, you need to first set the keyboard language to English. You have to change this during user creation, else use a Microsoft Account to finish the OOBE. However, after successful user creation, you can revert back to the specific language.
The upcoming rollout will provide an update as Microsoft is still working on it.
How to get KB4530717 Update for Windows 10 1803
Before you make an attempt to download the latest cumulative update, the giant software team recommends you install the latest servicing stack update. It will make sure the update process does not have any potential issues moreover it will enhance the reliability process of the update also.
You can visit the Microsoft Update Catalog to download the standalone package.
Or navigate to the Windows Settings => Update & Security => Windows update => Check for updates.
Source – Release Note