As usual, Microsoft came up with a heap of patches today for almost all the components. KB4537762 was one of them arrived for Window 10 1803 17134.1304. The update includes a security patch and a few improvements and fixes for the OS Version. In this security update, Windows 10, version 1803 Home and Pro editions mark the end of service. It means that you will soon receive a new set of updates on your Windows 10 devices and will be prompted to update it at your convenient time soon.
Here we are with the highlights of the package and changelog. Furthermore, you will find how to get KB4537762 on your device.
KB4537762 for Window 10 1803 17134.1304
- Major updates on improving security for certain applications such as Microsoft Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- For storing and managing files, you can expect some major fixes and improvements in your system.
- Security issues have been updated for the following external devices such as Game controllers, printers, web cameras, etc. Some input devices like mouse, keyboard, or stylus, etc have also been brought under consideration.
- Security updates for Microsoft Office products
KB4537762 Known Issues
Some of the known issues reported by Microsoft have been mentioned specifically with a certain method to fix the errors.
If you are an avid Windows user, well, you may have experienced certain errors while renaming files or folders on a CSV.
One such noticeable error is “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. The main reason behind this error message is when you perform this action from the node without having the administrator privilege.
Follow any one of the following to fix the issue mentioned above.
- Make the changes to the file or rename it while having the administrator privilege.
- Take actions on the file from a node not having the CSV ownership.
Microsoft has been looking for a better resolution and will release it soon in the upcoming updates.
How to get KB4537762 for Window 10 1803
Microsoft has asked its users to install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your OS before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). It will help improve the effectiveness of the updates on the system and provide apt security fixes.
You can easily download the update from your Windows 10 Update center on your system.
- Click on the Start or Windows button on the desktop.
- Go to Settings (gear icon).
- Press on the Update and Security icon.
- Click on the Windows Update tab.
- Select Check for updates
Your system will now scan and check for the KB4537762 update. Click on the update once the scan process is done.
Furthermore, if you are looking for the standalone package of the latest SSU, you can visit the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Source – Release note.