Today mass of updates has been rolled out for different versions of Windows 10. KB4537765 is one of them. The package does not include any major updates but has some minor security updates for almost all components. The patch takes the Windows 10 1703 version to build. 15063.2284
This patch Tuesday of February 2020 has brought security updates on multiple versions of Windows 10 hoping to bring more stability to OS.
KB4537765 Update for Windows 10 1703
Here are the highlights and improvements available on the KB4537765 Update.
Highlights of the Update
- Improves security with Microsoft Office Products.
- Enhances security through the update while using the browsers Edge and (IE) Internet Explorer.
- Some minor updates for storing and managing files on the system.
- With the KB4537765 update, all your external devices such as printers, game controllers, etc and some input devices like mouse, etc get important security updates.
Well, currently there aren’t any issues that Microsoft is aware of and have no specific workaround for it on this update.
Improvements and Fixes
The KB4537765 cumulative update has some quality improvements along with security updates.
- This patch addresses a very serious issue where the Application Virtualization Streaming Driver may leak memory as soon as you turn on the SCS mode.
How to get KB4537765 update on Windows 10
As discussed earlier in other Patch Tuesday updates, Microsoft asks users to install the servicing stack update (SSU) before getting the cumulative update. It will help to improve the reliability to mitigate risks and issues.
Furthermore, to install the latest SSU on the system, you can simply get it on Windows Update. Also, if you are looking for the latest SSU package, you can search it on the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Click on the Start button to open the menu options.
- Open Settings.
- Look for the Update and Security icon click on it.
- Press on the Windows Update option and select Check for updates
Once the scan is done, you can download the KB4537765 update and install it. Or simply go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website and download the standalone package.
Source – Release note.