We have yet another patch-Tuesday here with a whole bunch of cumulative updates, including KB4565508 for Windows 10 1709 and KB4565499 for 1703. KB4565508 is supposed to take the build of your OS to 16299.1992; whereas KB4565499 to OS Build 15063.2439. Both the patches contain fixes and updates chiefly for printing issues, Internet Explorer and other browsers, security enhancement in Office products, etc.
As for the known issues, there are just none at all so far with both the updates. So you can get it right away without worrying about some sort of bugs. You can read all the major highlights of the patches and different ways to download them in the further sections.
KB4565508, KB4565499 Update for Windows 10 1709, 1703
Here is the changelog of KB4565508, KB4565499 Update for Windows 10 1709, 1703 –
- Security updates for Microsoft browsers get particular attention with these updates.
- Improvements and security enhancements for Microsoft Store.
- There are also security improvements brought it for the basic Microsoft services and components including the “MS Scripting Engine, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Update Stack, Windows MSXML, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Apps, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Remote Desktop, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine” etc.
- Both the patches, moreover, works to resolve certain issues with the input devices like mouse, stylus, etc.
- Resolve a bug which would normally prevent certain applications from printing documents.
For the time being, the Microsoft team is not aware of any complications in these releases.
How to get KB4565508 and KB4565499 for Windows 10
You can get the updates for your OS in three forms, as mentioned below:
- Automatic updates – Your Windows would normally be getting updates automatically soon as any latest updates of relevance is available in the server.
- Catalog website – You can easily find the standalone package in the Microsoft Update Catalog site by searching for the KB number.
- Settings – In order to manually fetch the patches open Windows Settings => Updates & Security => Windows updates => Check for updates => Download.
Source – Release Note for 1709
Source – Release Note for 1703