We have covered the Patch Tuesday updates for September 2020 such as Windows 10 2004, 1909 and 1903, 1809 and 1803. Now it is the turn of Windows 10 version 1709 and 1703 because KB4577041 and KB4577021 successively are available. The Security updates for both versions mainly includes fixes for —–.
You have the ability to download KB4577041 and KB4577021 automatically and install only on a click until you have not modified the built-in Windows update Settings. Likewise, you can obtain the .MSI file for each of the patches from Microsoft update catalog website. These will allow you to manually them install on Windows 10 1709 and 1703.
KB4577041 and KB4577021 Windows 10 1709 and 1703 update
Here is the changelog –
KB4577041 Windows 10 1709
- Works on a problem with unexpected notifications associated with changing built-in applications settings.
- The package updates the time zone information for Canada and Yukon.
- Furthermore, it addresses delays at the time of shutdown when using the Microsoft Keyboard Filter Service.
- Patchday update tries to solve a security vulnerability bug that occurs with HTTP-based intranet servers and user proxies. Once you obtain this update, HTTP-based intranet servers will be unable to leverage a user proxy by default to detect updates. Scans via these servers will break if the clients do not have a set system proxy. In the scenario when you have the necessity to leverage a user proxy, you require to configure the behavior through Windows Update policy – “Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails”. This alteration does not affect customers who secure their WSUS servers with the TLS or SSL protocols. For further detail, read Improving security for devices receiving updates via WSUS.
- KB4577041conttains Security updates to all Windows platforms and Microsoft components.
KB4577021 Windows 10 1709
Addresses a security vulnerability issue with user proxies and HTTP-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTP-based intranet servers cannot leverage a user proxy by default to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if the clients do not have a configured system proxy. If you must leverage a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the Windows Update policy “Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails.” This change does not affect customers who secure their Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) servers with the Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols. For more information, see Improving security for devices receiving updates via WSUS.
- This package updates the time zone information for Yukon, Canada.
- Security updates to all platforms and components of Microsoft and Windows.
How to download September 08, 2020, security update in Windows 10 1709 and 1703 and install
1] Via Windows update
- Navigate to the Windows Settings (Win+I) and select the Update & Security.
- Click the Check for updates.
- Allow the system to scan and download KB4577041 or KB4577021 and click on Install now when asked.
2] With Microsoft update catalog
- Go to
- For Windows 10 1709 – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4577041
- For Windows 10 1703 – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4577021
- Select the Download from far right and click a single link that appears in a popup page.
- Open the MSU File from the download location to implement the installation.