The software giant is rolling out a new update to the Beta and Release Preview Channels. Insiders who are the member of these and getting 20H2 version will receive Windows 10 Build 19042.572. The update will be installed through KB4579311 and will contain some important fixes and improvements.
You will obtain the 20H2 build automatically so hurry up and move to the Windows Update Settings to install now.
Windows 10 Build 19042.572 aka KB4579311
Here are the fixes in this build –
- The current build fixed possible elevation of privilege in win32k.
- It fixed an issue with the Group Policy service that might recursively delete critical files in alphabetical order from %systemroot%\system32. This problem befalls when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These file eradications might lead to a stop error – 0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED) boot failures.
- The update fixed an issue with creating null ports using the user interface.
- This patch contains Security updates to Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, and Windows Kernel Microsoft Graphics Component.
For more details about the resolved security vulnerabilities, kindly see to the Security Update Guide.
How to download KB4579311 and install
1] Using automatic Windows update
- Open Windows Settings
- Click the – Update & Security.
- Select the – Check for updates.
2] Through Microsoft update catalog site
- Navigate to this page.
- Locate a correct File and click the Download button in the adjacent row.
- Double click on the file and follow the on-screen guidelines to install the update
Source – Windows insider blog.