A CU is rolling out! Windows 10 20H2 and v2004 have received Cumulative Update Preview for.NET Framework today on 29 October 2020.
KB4580419 is the patch that comprises reliability improvements in .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5. This update is a part of regular maintenance routines so install it necessarily.
KB4580419 for .NET Framework 4.8 and 3.5 Windows 10 2004, 20H2
The Cumulative preview update applies to Windows 10 2004, Windows Server, 2004, 20H2, and Windows Server 20H2. Here is the changelog –
Quality and reliability improvements
– Addressed a regression from a previous update, arising when two HostVisual elements disconnect at the same time.
– Addressed a crash and/or hang when typing into a TextBox in a WPF app, when the OS feature “use text cursor indicator” is enabled.
– Addressed an issue in System.Data.SqlClient where querying string columns would fail if the database had a Kazakh collation.
How to download KB4580419 and install
You can install the .Net Framework Cumulative preview update using one of the following 2 methods –
1. Via Automatic Windows update
- Click Start, type updates, and then hit – Enter.
- Select the – Check for updates.
- Wait for the download to complete and click the Install now at last.
2. Through Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to KB4580419 direct download link – https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4580419
- Select the file suitable for your system configuration and click – Download.
- Right-click on the saved file and select – Open.
- Windows Update Standalone installer will scan and ask for your confirmation; choose – Yes.
- Click the – I Accept.
- The update will be installed and require a reboot in the end.