On the last day of June 2022, release preview channel of Windows 11 Insider, forthcoming Windows 11 22H2 has received a cumulative update. KB5014958 is the update that increases the OS version to Windows 11 Build 22621.169. The release includes some very important improvements such as support for TLS 1.3 and enabling the InternetExplorerModeEnableSavePageAs Group Policy. Additionally, the update fixes missing Take Photo button in Camera app, missing Microsoft Edge in Sandbox, and Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service reset password problem.
Full name of this Windows update is 2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x6464-based Systems (KB5014958). You can download Windows 11 Build 22621.169 build from the last of this page. See – KB5014666 Download links and Windows 10 22H2 Installation Method.
Windows 11 Build 22621.169 KB5014958 improvement and bug fixes
Here is the changelog –
Changes and bug fixes
- Windows 11 22H2 OS build 22621.169 KB 5014958 added Server Message Block (SMB) redirector (RDR) specific public File System Control aka FSCTL code “FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_INFO”. This is a new change.
- Also, one more new improvement arrived with this build as it added support for TLS 1.3 in Windows client and server Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) implementations.
- This version updated the Remove-Item PowerShell cmdlet to properly interact with OneDrive folders.
- The experts in the team enabled the InternetExplorerModeEnableSavePageAs Group Policy through this release. To know detail, navigate to Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation.
- Furthermore, the version fixed the missing Take Photo button that occurs when you use a common file dialog to open the camera.
- A very vital issue is fixed in this build and this is devices cannot receive an offer from Windows Update for the same extension driver when that extension driver is already installed without the base driver.
- The rollout fixed error 2101 JET_errCallbackFailed that appears when installing from media (IFM) creation for Active Directory to fail.
- KB 5014958 fixed an issue that occurs when the Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service aka LDS resets the password for userProxy objects. Error, for example, 00000005: SvcErr: DSID-03380C23, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0 appears when the password reset fails.
- Deliverance Windows 11 Build 22621.169 fixed an issue that occurs when the AD LDS resets the password for userProxy objects. During this problem, when you try to reset the password of someone else’s and you are authenticated using a simple bind, the password reset process fails. The error that appears is such as 00000005: SvcErr: DSID-03380C23, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0.
- Finally, they fixed an issue that prevents Microsoft Edge web browser from being available in Windows Sandbox.
Windows 11 Build 22621.169 (KB5014958) Download links –
Source – Windows blog.